Vice President, Marketing & Communications
In this role, you will lead the Brand Marketing and Communications teams to drive the development of an integrated marketing and communications strategy targeting primarily consumers, policy stakeholders, and recruits. Reporting to the President and working closely with the Executive Team, you will keep the broader team informed of all marketing and communications plans and campaign metrics, and provide insight on how to improve our efforts.
You must be a great storyteller, customer-centric, data-driven, and results oriented, and able to navigate the complexities of developing a brand that appeals to multiple differences audiences in our regulated market. This candidate should thrive in a fast-paced environment with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude, strong bias-to-action, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Lead the development of an integrated, multi-channel marketing and communications strategy that aligns with Spin’s goals and objectives.
- Develop clear messaging around Spin’s product and value proposition.
- Help shape Spin’s voice and tone; set clear guidelines that drive consistency across marketing and communications.
- Develop content for the communications strategy including web, email, and social.
- Lead market research to help inform product development, positioning and pricing execution.
- Execute email marketing campaigns across targeted audience segments to drive awareness and conversion.
- Maintain relationships with and oversight over outsourced agencies.
- Develop and manage communications calendar.
- Represent the organization to the media and to important stakeholders.
- Track and report on campaign metrics.
- Build out a growing marketing and communications infrastructure with preferred outside agencies, full-time staff, and contractors as needed.
- Oversee employees of Marketing and Communications.
- Be involved in interviewing, hiring, and career life cycle decisions within the department.
- Manage marketing and communications budgets.
- Previous experience as a VP of Marketing & Communications, CMO, Head of Communications, or similar role.
- Experience driving an integrated communications program at a start-up or early stage organization.
- 10 plus years of experience building and leading a team of marketing and communications professionals.
- Degree in Marketing, Communication or similar relevant field (MA or MBA preferred)
- Proven ability to craft successful marketing campaigns and manage a variety of promotional projects end-to-end, including paid advertising campaigns and digital marketing techniques.
- Solid knowledge of SEO, web analytics, Google Adwords, and digital marketing tools/techniques.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
Job posted: 2020-07-08