Vice President Strategic Communications
About the job
GOJO Industries, maker of PURELL® brand Hand Sanitizer, Soap, and Surface Disinfecting Sprays and Wipes, is seeking a Strategic Communications Vice President to join our leadership team. A third-generation family enterprise, we are driven by our GOJO Purpose of Saving Lives and Making Life Better Through Well-Being Solutions. From our founding 75 years ago, we have innovated to solve real human problems. As the world embraces the importance of safe and effective hygiene solutions for skin and surfaces, our Purpose has never been more relevant, nor has the opportunity before us ever been greater.
In close partnership with others, the Strategic Communications VP and his/her team will have responsibility for creating the GOJO Corporate Brand strategy and driving how we engage and communicate internally, externally, with key stakeholders, and in our communities. This includes direct responsibility for GOJO public relations and media affairs, leadership brand work with senior leaders, government affairs, community affairs, corporate philanthropy, internal communications, and enterprise event planning. This work includes a mix of directly leading and driving related activities and also establishing the strategies, processes & playbooks for others throughout GOJO to lead and deliver them successfully where appropriate. S(he) will report to the President and Chief Executive Officer and also work closely with the Executive Chair.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience leading corporate communications and related functions on the enterprise scale. S(he) will have deep experience interacting directly with senior leaders and community/government stakeholders, and be adept at balancing multiple priorities and deliverables. S(he) will have outstanding writing and verbal communication standards and skills, and thrive in a highly networked, collaborative environment. Competencies of particular importance will include Strategic Mindset, Communicates Effectively, Drives Vision & Purpose, Customer Focus, and Manages Compexity.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree required.
- Master of Business Administration, or related Masters degree, strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of experience required with leading strategic communications or related functions and working in fast-paced environment, balancing multiple priorities and deliverables.
- Experience with government and/or community engagement a strong plus.
- Extremely high standards for written, visualand verbal communication and outstanding writing skills required.
- Candidate must be able to see and conceptualize the big picture, demonstrate strategic and critical thinking, creativity, and intellectual curiosity.
- Candidate must have courage and conviction to champion actions that are best for the long-term health of the organization, rather than those which are easy or politically expedient.
- Networking, collaboration, and consensus building skills are essential for leaders at GOJO; the ideal candidate will have a penchant for working across many work groups, interacting with individuals across all levels throughout organization, building alliances and influencing decision makers with sound strategic thinking.
- Excellent analytical skills combined with ability to synthesize diverse inputs into meaningful insights.
- Strong team builder and cross functional boundary spanner.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategy in a team-based, cross-functional environment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-06