VP of Communications
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
About the role
Robinhood is hiring its first VP of Communications to lead our communications and social media teams. The ideal candidate is a highly strategic, innovative leader who has deep expertise in a range of corporate communications disciplines (crisis, product, internal, etc). They’ll be unafraid to be bold and proactive in their communication strategies, exploring new ways to craft our public growth narrative. This person will work closely with our founding and executive team, directly managing a team of talented communications, media relations, internal comms, and social media professionals.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Defining and developing overall communications strategy, inclusive of public relations, media relations, crisis communications, internal communications and social media/community functions – and aligning these strategies with company goals, and business initiatives
- Crafting our executive communications narrative, specifically working with our cofounders and the executive team.
- Managing comms strategies for speaking engagements, media interviews, and internal communications
- Developing our messaging pillars – across all audiences – and activating this throughout our communications programs
- Creating intra-office employee communication channels
- Leading our social media and community comms teams – preparing content with our teams across the business
- Managing data comms – the way Robinhood reports data for external audiences
- Building an outstanding and effective media relations function, with a focus on delivering increasing positive brand sentiment across multiple channels
- Maintaining excellent relationships with journalists and influencers
- Leading, developing, and expanding our third party advocates and their media platform
- Managing all crisis communications efforts
- Building, training, and ultimately retaining an exceptional team of communications professionals
- Developing and leading our spokesperson program, including training and media prep
- Managing our agency partner relationships
- Problem solving day-to-day communication needs
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 15+ years of experience leading communication strategies in financial services or technology sectors, or leading PR for a publicly traded company
- Meaningful experience working closely with executives, and with media, editors, and writers
- Portfolio of media results that spotlight your ability to deliver outstanding media coverage
- Exceptional written and dynamic public speaking skills
- Ability to create compelling, data-driven stories and campaigns that showcase trends, impacts, and customer success
- Experience developing and implementing new communications/positioning strategies
- Ability to build consensus and work collaboratively with leaders in different functions
- Proven track record of for retaining, attracting, and developing high potential communications talent
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-29