VP, Regulatory Affairs
We are hiring a Vice President, Regulatory Affairs. This position will report to the Senior Vice President in Regulatory Affairs of McKesson’s Controlled Substance Monitoring Program (CSMP).
This position is responsible for overseeing and managing teams in connection with the Company’s compliance with DEA and state controlled substances regulatory requirements. In particular, this position is responsible for the teams that conduct customer due diligence for certain business segments, including Independent Retail Pharmacies, Small and Medium Chains, Health Systems, and Government Customers. In addition, this position supports other activities, such as development of policies and procedures, CSMP training, government affairs and industry relations, manufacturer engagement, and project management. These responsibilities are anticipated and may change depending on the department’s specific needs and resources. This position will supervise CSMP team members that may include senior directors, directors, managers, and others.
- Oversee and manage compliance with DEA and state regulatory requirements regarding pharmaceutical controlled substances and listed chemicals.
- Provide direction and oversight for team members who conduct due diligence reviews of McKesson customers with respect to their eligibility to purchase controlled substances.
- Present on behalf of the Company to government and others regarding compliance with federal and state law.
- Oversee and prepare written work product regarding the Company’s compliance with federal and state law.
- Engage with company and department leaders regarding compliance with federal and state laws and regulations applicable to pharmaceutical controlled substances and listed chemicals.
- Participate in industry working groups or committees.
- Provide technical expertise regarding legislative or regulatory matters.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Typical Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically has 15+ years of professional experience and 10+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience).
- Approximately 15 years of prior experience with increasing responsibility in a compliance, regulatory, or legal setting in a healthcare environment, preferably with pharmaceutical controlled substances, DEA diversion-related experience.
- Possess working knowledge of federal and state governmental laws and regulations related to pharmaceutical controlled substances and listed chemicals.
- Well-developed presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent writing skills for internal and external reports and correspondence.
- Prior people-management responsibility.
- Ability to travel upwards of 25%.
Preferred Skills/Additional Knowledge
- Advanced degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
Job posted: 2020-05-15