In a constantly evolving policy environment, it’s critical to monitor potential threats to your bottom line. In this workshop, you’ll gain tools to better assess and mitigate political risk, ongoing crisis situations and potential fallout.
Mapping and Assessing Risk
The policy and political environment is constantly evolving, and it’s critical to identify the potential threats that may impact your bottom line. Additionally, every organization has its own culture, character, and risk profile, all of which influence its level of involvement. Gain the tools to better assess, communicate and mitigate political risk and potential fallout.
Our speakers will review:
- The types of political risk and forecasting models to help you map and strategize them
- Strategies to assess the potential impact of an issue on your company, stakeholders, customers and others
- Guidance for establishing a core set of principles for engagement that also aligns with business operations, core values and legislative positions
- Identifying key factors of risk and conducting strategic issue assessments
Creating an Engagement and Communications Plan
Once you’ve assessed the potential impact of engagement it’s important to determine the specific actions you’ll take, what timeline to follow, and how to best communicate the plan both internally and externally.
Our experts will share strategies for:
- Determining different options for engagement based on your strategic assessment
- Strategies for creating a communications plan aimed at key audiences and identifies specific tactics, spokespeople and contacts
- Best practices for ongoing communications to internal and external stakeholders and moving forward following engagement
Partner, Head of Washington Office