The old saying says to never let your left hand know what your right hand is doing – but should that saying apply to your state and federal government relations efforts? This workshop will provide the strategies and case studies to answer how and why coordinating state and federal advocacy teams is key to advancing your organization’s government relations goals.
Welcome and Introductions
Breaking down the barriers between your team’s state and federal work takes careful consideration and effort, but it can lead to major benefits. Our expert will discuss why coordinating across your state and federal teams is key to unlocking positive outcomes and what factors to think through as you start this process.
In this session, we will:
- Walk through making the case that removing barriers between state and federal teams can bolster your government relations goals
- Share strategies for coordinating and communicating across your state and federal teams
- Discuss different approaches to sharing resources, stakeholders and strategies
As you consider how your state and federal teams can streamline their communication, our expert will highlight examples of other government relations teams whose change in coordination habits led to success. Specifically, in this session, we will:
- Discuss examples of when coordination between state and federal teams led to government relations wins (and when a lack thereof hindered success)
- Share top tips for ensuring the improved coordination and communication between state and federal teams is maintained
- Explain how to adjust coordination strategies during times of stress