Account Director, Public Affairs
Account Director, Public Affairs
In a world of exponential change, BCW is a creative business that solves complex problems by #Moving People. This starts with our people.
Across our global team, we share a common practice: cultivating an open, curious mindset that is committed to growing. We create, contribute and challenge, but we don’t conform.
Our core belief is that the growth of our people fuels the growth of our clients, which powers the growth of our agency. No one aspect of BCW stands alone – when everything is growing together, anything is possible.
At BCW, Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (I.D.E.A.) are embedded into everything we do for our people, agency, clients and communities we serve. We wholly believe that creating truly inclusive and innovative solutions by growing talent that mirrors the marketplace is critical to our success. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from underrepresented talent across all dimensions of race/ethnicity, LGBTQ, differently abled and veteran status to come and grow with us.
Are you ready to move with us?
BCW is seeking to hire a Public Affairs Account Director to be based in Washington, DC. The Account Director will operate as a Deputy for Integrated Earned Media across digital, social and traditional outlets and Content Development across owned platforms. The Account Director will be dedicated to a multi-year Public Education and Sustainability campaign and should have a strong understanding of established relationships with both relevant regulatory policy and consumer media targets at the national and state levels. The position will play a key role in a large national media eco-system focused on integration and collaboration with paid, digital, social and influencer engagement.
The ideal candidate will have national agency experience leading successful public education awareness campaigns that target audiences in the consumer and policy space. The ability to demonstrate a sustained track-record of landing stories and creating content that move consumers and policy makers from awareness to support, advocacy and action is essential to success in this role.
This is an opportunity to become immersed in and lead an earned media and content strategy for a landmark industry campaign in the United States.
- Craft earned media strategy for large-scale integrated national public education campaign within an integrated media eco-system
- Build and leverage relationships with consumer, national and trade media inclusive of broadcast, print, digital and social
- Management oversight of junior staff teams to ensure high-quality and timely deliverables
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of issues landscape and related media trends, key reporters and influencers
- Advise and counsel clients on media strategies and opportunities
- Collaborate/coordinate with paid, digital and influencer leads across multiple agency practices and locations
- Develop and manage earned media and owned content strategy and execution for national and local programs
- Full immersion into a complex multi-pronged account as day-to-day lead for a long-term sustained campaign
- Consistent landing of earned stories at the national and local levels designed to target multiple audiences
- Earned media professional with 8-10 years of experience with both national and local placements targeted to consumer and political constituencies
- Experience leading media for complex, large-scale accounts with team members in multiple locations
- Track record of multi-pronged earned media and content strategy development and execution designed to achieve public awareness and influence
- Superior written and verbal communications skills with proven success working on wide-spread integrated campaigns
- Focused and inclusive manager of people and teams across multiple geographies
- Political election campaign experience is highly desired at both the national and state levels (this is in addition to earned consumer media)
- Excellent storyteller with a rich rolodex of media contacts with top-tier and local print, broadcast and digital influencers
- Passion, sense of urgency and attention to detail on large accounts with significant and constant moving parts
- Excellent communication, leadership and client-facing skills
More about BCW:
BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe) is one of the world’s largest full-service global communications agencies. BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications solutions grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world’s leader in communications services.
To act. To inspire. To change. We take an analytical approach to obsess over every detail, then add real emotion and creativity to connect with people’s lives and their communities. We’re #MovingPeople – join us.
BCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability
Job posted: 2021-02-23