Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Account Executive, Public Affairs
Arc 3 Communications is looking for an Account Executive, Public Affairs to join our team of content, digital and public affairs professionals.
Would you like to be part of a team focused on achieving public affairs objectives at the state and local government level across the country? Do you have the experience in state and local government necessary to help further advance the public policy agenda of Arc 3 clients? We are looking for a talented, innovative, and well-connected individual to represent our clients before state and local policymakers. You will address risks and opportunities for clients at the state and local level. This position will also leverage clients’ participation in key trade associations that are critical to advancing clients’ public policy and business objectives in the state and local government sector.
The Account Executive, Public Affairs develops and manages state and local government relations on behalf of Arc 3 clients. The incumbent advocates on behalf of clients before state and local legislative and regulatory bodies; coordinates with trade and business associations in those states and develops and maintains grassroots networks among client associates and citizens. The Account Executive, Public Affairs develops and maintains various industry and third-party relationships, including counterparts within and outside client industries, including service on association boards and government relations committees. The Account Executive, Public Affairs reports directly to the President of Arc 3 Communications.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Monitor, identify, and track legislative and regulatory activities and determine if legislation or action has an impact on clients in order to determine lobbying strategy.
- Research information on elected officials and proposed legislation and ordinances (i.e., research in order to discover proposed rules, proposed legislation, etc.) that impact clients and/or their industry.
- Monitor the regional political environment, including key state and local political campaigns, ballot initiatives and bond measures.
- Manage client budgets for government relations activities and work with the President to ensure budget compliances are met.
- Represent clients at trade association shows attended by elected and appointed officials.
- Work collaboratively with content and digital team to identify and create impactful policy positioning opportunities, messaging and content for clients.
- Lobbyist compliance and reporting
Competencies/Skills required to be successful in role:
- Thorough understanding of the legislative/political process
- Established network of political and state, local contacts
- Proven track record of government relations accomplishments
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple complex projects and issues on the legislative and regulatory fronts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience creating and effectively delivering factual, relevant and easily understandable talking points and other messaging
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of external audiences and with clients
- Strong team building and interpersonal skills: empathy, respect, ability to be a role model
- Google Docs, MS Office including Word & PowerPoint
- Digital literacy and competency in the area of email marketing and social media platforms. CRM and WordPress experience a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity
- Innovative and entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to constantly improve
- Ability to work well will all levels of clients and team members
- Ability to self-start, be resourceful and work independently
- Close attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work in a demanding, fun environment
- 3 to 5+ years of relevant experience in federal, state and/or local government, government relations or lobbying
- Political campaign experience preferred
Education requirements: • Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university
Other Information: • Moderate travel – Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast (25%)
This position comes with a competitive salary and benefits. If interested, please send resumé and cover letter to Patrick Burns, President via email@example.com.
About Arc 3 Communications
Arc 3 Communications is an Atlanta area-based public affairs agency that specializes in content, digital, and advocacy services for clients. We provide winning solutions to campaigns, businesses, trade associations, non-profits and government agencies to help them achieve their organizational goals in a complex media and public affairs landscape. We produce dynamic content, innovative digital campaigns and targeted advocacy efforts that result in legislative, electoral and regulatory successes. We are celebrating our tenth anniversary this year.
Job posted: 2022-01-12