Analyst, Public Affairs
Forbes Tate Partners
About Forbes Tate Partners
Forbes Tate Partners (FTP) is a full-service public affairs consultancy, specializing in bipartisan federal and state government relations, strategic communications, grassroots and grass tops advocacy, issue campaigns, and corporate development. As a mid-sized firm, we have the breadth and depth of personnel and experience to manage a portfolio of over [one hundred] clients, but also the flexibility to provide our clients with attentive and highly personalized support.
We are currently seeking a bright, focused and proactive individual to join our team as an Analyst in our Public Affairs practice. The Public Affairs team specializes in crafting strong and compelling messages, devising smart communications and advocacy strategies, engaging the right audiences, and influencing public opinion to deliver results for our clients. This position is full-time salaried, with benefits and paid holidays.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Conducting research to develop and maintain general knowledge of legislation, public policy, and current events relevant to clients.
· Drafting content including press releases, one-pagers, case studies, op-eds, website copy, social media, grassroots action alerts and client reports.
· Assisting in the development of social media campaigns (organic and paid).
· Maintaining active communication, interface, and coordination with state field teams on specific client projects.
· Providing support for client events including event planning, vendor outreach, logistics, and event staffing.
· Supporting new business initiatives through research and proposal development in all formats including PowerPoint, narrative and memo formats.
Ideal candidates will have a bachelor’s degree. Prior experience including work on political campaigns, in private sector communications, on Capitol Hill, within the executive branch, or for trade associations is helpful, but not a requirement.
Additional required professional attributes include:
· Strong research, writing, and editing skills including attention to grammatical detail, clarity, speed, and accuracy.
· The ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
· Willingness to be a team player that works well in a collaborative environment and is willing to take initiative when necessary.
· Familiarity with technological platforms including Microsoft Office Suite and major social media services.
· The ability to quickly synthesize information from multiple sources, identify salient points, and think creatively about how to communicate their significance.
Candidates are also encouraged to note any proficiency with data and media analysis tools or data metric analysis.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and one writing sample (3 pages or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls, emails or faxes please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. FTP is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment.
Job posted: 2019-09-29