Associate Government Affairs
The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
• Conduct research and participates in special projects that support the company’s businesses and initiatives; drafts written support materials, such as research memorandum, presentations, and other materials.
• Helps maintain the department’s legislative calendar; tracks relevant legislative agenda items and important issues relating to the company’s business.
• Works with the department to identify company governmental priorities and ensures the department is communicating relevant and timely information to internal audiences.
• Works with the department assistant to coordinate logistics for department sponsored clinics and events within the community, including preparing necessary materials, ordering and tracking merchandise, coordinating with internal stakeholders and external participants and logging information in the CRM system.
• Assist the department in the development of targeted outreach programs to select government officials that highlight’s the company’s positive community impact and represents the company at select functions and events.
• Identifies and fosters relationships in local and state government Manages specific projects as defined by the EVP and senior leadership on the team.
• Knowledge of government and legislative process
• 3 – 5 years’ experience supporting elected or appointed official, and/or with community development, and/or government agency or government relations role within a company. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master of Public Administration or Master of Public Policy is preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to interact with all levels of management
• Involvement with multiple projects with diverse groups and priorities
• Ability to gain trust within multi-faceted organizations
• Ability to work within diverse internal and external groups
• Ability to understand, interpret and relay company policies and positions
• Ability to build relationships at government agencies
• Ability to build meaningful relationships at the local and state level
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
Job posted: 2019-08-24