Associate, Public Affairs
Your day in this position may include:
- Writing and distributing basic communications materials including news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, newsletter content, statements and other press materials.
- Monitoring media and hearings to report coverage for our clients.
- Coordinating basic research requests.
- Creating and maintaining press lists.
- Supporting event coordination and logistics for media events and briefings.
- Developing PowerPoint presentations for new business opportunities and current clients.
- Supporting administrative duties for key accounts such as preparing regular reports / trackers, maintaining online file databases, scheduling meetings, compiling notes.
This job may be for you, if you:
- Have previous experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Have strong organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously working across a variety of issues.
- Are able to work under pressure to manage tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Are a team player with a can-do attitude and a willingness to work in the trenches.
What we require:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in communications.
- Understanding of the communications landscape and how various communications channels work (i.e. digital, print, social, broadcast).
- Interest in public affairs and policy issues; ability to synthesize technical content.
- Proven strong skills in PowerPoint
- Experience with LexisNexis, Cision, Critical Mention.
- Practical understanding of AP Style.
Items to Include for all applications:
- Writing Sample & Cover Letter
- Application Questions –
- Questions specific to role as needed
Job posted: 2020-08-27