Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Civic Engagement Director
Who We Are
Hispanic Federation (HF) is the nation’s premier Latino nonprofit membership organization. Founded in 1990, HF
supports Hispanic families and strengthens Latino institutions through grant making and direct services in the areas of
education, health, immigration, civic engagement, economic empowerment and the environment. Values that drive our
work include equality, fairness, diversity and empathy.
Who We Seek
Hispanic Federation seeks a Civic Engagement Director to manage its civic engagement initiatives. Based in HF’s
Orlando office, the Director will oversee engagement across the state, supervise canvassers, and ensure successful
outreach to voters in Central and South Florida. Working closely with the team based out of Orlando, the Director is
tasked with managing the Civic Engagement program and collaborating with other HF programs whenever possible.
The successful candidate will have experience in at least three cycles of local, state-wide, or federal campaigns; will
work closely with other team members to achieve programmatic goals; and will have an understanding of issues affecting
Latino voters. The candidate must have experience organizing outreach events, creating outreach plans, and have used
engagement databases such as the Voter Activation Network (VAN) and other outreach tools in the past. The role will
oversee engagement data, and candidates must be able to summarize and report on programmatic results.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead HF’s Florida Civic Engagement plan, oversee all voter registration programs and operations, voter
education, and Get Out the Vote (GOTV) initiatives
• Lead all Civic Engagement programs and grants in Florida, review and manage budgets, prepare program plans,
oversee supervision of canvassers and CE subcontractors, and provide feedback and reporting to leadership as
• Ensure synergy with all Florida programs and work closely with Florida program team to maximize outreach
• Support prospecting efforts to identify funding sources for programmatic work
• Oversee community outreach planning and programming in support of Civic Engagement work
• Develop bilingual civic engagement curricula, content, and materials geared towards increasing civic
education/participation in the Latino community
• Utilize Civic Engagement digital technology and databases, including the Voter Activation Network (VAN), and
peer-to-peer text messaging tools
• Effectively manage and track all civic engagement programmatic data
• Ensure the high quality and success of Hispanic Federation Florida’s civic engagement programs
• Cultivate and sustain key relationships and partnerships with community leaders and community-based
organizations in Hispanic Federation’s network
• Integrate Civic Engagement strategies into HF’s existing campaigns and programs
• Assist with other Hispanic Federation events and initiatives
• Minimum of a BA/BS degree and demonstrated interest in not-for-profit, immigration, civic engagement, or
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience managing staff in nonprofit civic engagement, social justice, or
• Experience leading large-scale, statewide voter registration /civic engagement /grassroots field campaigns
• Self-starter with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and adapt to evolving situations
• Prepare reports on program progress, draft and manage campaign and program budgets
• Ensure that all program goals and metrics are achieved and that programs are run within the allotted budget
• Understanding of issues affecting the Latino Community
• Highly organized with great attention to detail
• Strong commitment to Hispanic Federation’s mission and core values
• Able to work in a fast-paced, high-intensity work environment
• Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
• Bilingual in English and Spanish, with excellent speaking and writing skills is required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel regionally for program purposes around the state of
• Strong staff supervisory skills.
The salary range for this position is $55,000- $65,000 and is commensurate with experience. Compensation includes
fully subsidized medical, dental, vision insurance; access to flexible spending for medical and transportation; and a 403
(B) retirement plan available at start, with organization match after 6 months of service.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
HF will adhere to all local, state, and federal vaccine requirements. HF requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all
employees. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability, medical necessity or sincerely held religious
belief in accordance with applicable law will be considered upon request.
Please submit a résumé and a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications with the subject line “Civic
Engagement Director, Florida” to email@example.com. No telephone calls.
Hispanic Federation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against anyone based on actual or
perceived race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status,
sexual orientation and/or other protected categories.
Job posted: 2023-08-29