Aptive is seeking a Communications Specialist to develop and lead strategic communications and product development. This support includes producing deliverables that help brand the organization and inform the public. These products will be disseminated to internal and external stakeholders to build an awareness and align with the overall new look and feel. The products shall include brochures, pamphlets, flyers, fact sheets, branding guides and more.
This position requires strong customer interaction skills and a demonstrated ability to work with various stakeholders across multiple tasks. Experience developing and delivering compelling, informative and well written prose is a requirement. The successful candidate will be proactive with demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment, all while developing compelling stories, narratives, key messages and well written content. Candidate must also have the ability to not only lead/support product development, but to work and communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
This mid-level, full-time position is located Fall Church, VA. Please note: the position is fully telework until COVID-19 social distancing restrictions are lifted.
- 4 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work onsite in Falls Church, VA.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Develop products that support an integrated communications campaign that communicates the new branding effort and garners buy-in from employees and stakeholders.
- Develop and/or execute communications strategies and associated tactics and metrics.
- Develop a wide range of written communications artifacts.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute various communications campaigns.
- Guide the planning and implementation of stakeholder outreach activities.
- Work closely with leadership and customers to define communication approaches.
- Collaborate with the team and stakeholders to develop and execute communications requirements, review content and gather feedback.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and the ability to quickly edit and proof copy.
- Strong time management, creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on complex issues; desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Capable self-starter with a drive to get all types of work done and high attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of military and Veteran populations.
Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human experience, digital services and business transformation. Our employees receive competitive compensation, along with company-paid health care and short-term disability plans. We also offer a 401K plan with company match, paid time off, flexible savings accounts, commuter benefits and company-sponsored professional education opportunities.
Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, age, disability or any other protected class.
Veterans, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and transitioning active-duty service members are highly encouraged to apply.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-09