Who We Are
United States of Care is seeking a Communications Coordinator to join our growing team. A nonpartisan nonprofit, we are building and mobilizing a movement to achieve long-lasting solutions that make health care better for everyone.
Our mission is to ensure that every single American has access to quality, affordable health care regardless of health status, social need, or income. We are making it happen by listening to, and working with, Americans from across the country: patients and caregivers, advocates, physicians and other clinicians, policymakers, and business, civic, and religious leaders–and you.
United States of Care seeks a qualified, enthusiastic, and flexible Communications Coordinator. The Coordinator will play a critical role in executing strategy for the communications and public engagement team, which includes drafting press releases, social media posts, newsletters, and other materials. The coordinator will also conduct basic research, manage and update USofCare websites, and generate content for all relevant channels. The position reports to our Senior Director of Communications.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Write, edit and proofread materials, including press releases, media advisories, pitch letters, fact sheets, blogs, op-eds, and tweet sheets;
- Conduct basic background research: gather, research, and analyze information, and keep ongoing internal research products up to date;
- Update and maintain United States of Care’s websites and social media properties;
- Support communications team with various administrative tasks, including scheduling and note-taking and other tasks as assigned;
- Conduct project-specific research as needed;
- Keep up with current events and be able to share in a comprehensive and cohesive way with the entire organization;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A strong commitment to ensuring every American has access to quality, affordable health care, and open to operating in a bipartisan atmosphere exploring multiple policy solutions to achieve that mission;
- Flexible and enthusiastic about working in a startup environment and willing to take on a wide range of tasks necessary to support a growing Public Affairs operation;
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience;
- Meticulous attention to detail, and superb writing and proofreading skills;
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead, project manage, and execute with minimal guidance;
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google Drive/Google Suite products;
- Experience using any of the following a plus: Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), MailChimp, WordPress, Google Analytics, Hootsuite;
- Basic understanding of digital, traditional, and paid media a plus.
Commitment & Compensation
This position is full-time and located in either Washington, D.C. or Minneapolis, MN, with a preference for D.C. The salary range for this position is $48,000 to $54,000, depending on experience. United States of Care offers a very generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance; 403b with match and paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply. We prohibit discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “COMM COORD: ” and your last name in the subject line.
Job posted: 2020-01-27