The Nuclear Threat Initiative is seeking a Director for the Communications team to develop and implement public education initiatives and work across NTI programs to increase our impact. This is a hands-on opportunity for a creative, organized, and energetic team player.
What kind of background would make you stand out? Work on campaigns, whether political or issue advocacy. Staffing officials, candidates, or C-suite executives. Experience producing a range of communications tools: social media, video, print publishing, web products, or podcasts. Oversight of vendors and tracking budgets.
NTI is a nonprofit global security organization, focused on the reduction of nuclear and biological threats imperiling humanity. We are nonpartisan and nonprofit. Our work influences policy, systems, and networks worldwide.
• Serving as point person on significant 2020 educational campaign, already underway, designed to raise awareness of nuclear dangers in the context of the U.S. elections.
• Provide strategic communications guidance and implementation to NTI programs focused on reducing nuclear, radiological and cyber risks, to increase their impact and meet policy goals through print and digital products as well as traditional and social media.
• Develop and implement future public education initiatives. Past efforts have included producing films, identifying new partnerships, and developing innovative social media products.
• Support NTI institutional communications, including branding, public opinion research, website content, traditional, communications training, and social media.
• 5-7 years’ experience in communications, media, or partnership development.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Background in national security, international affairs and/or nuclear policy.
• Proven track record on managing communications initiatives that meet goals
• Excellent writer
• Able to juggle multiple projects with competing deadlines
• Team player with attention to detail
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Use subject line: NTI Director, Communications
Job posted: 2020-01-23