Community Engagement Coordinator
Based in San Francisco or New York City, DoorDash is hiring a skilled community organizer to join our growing Community Engagement team. Reporting to the Principal Community Engagement Manager, the Community Engagement Coordinator will support our work with Dashers, merchants, and customers across diverse communities in the US, Canada, and Australia. You’ll work closely to support our growing bench of Community Engagement Managers in these markets.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate day to day team operations, event logistics, planning and scheduling.
- Conduct outreach and mobilization of our diverse Dasher, merchant and customer community.
- Plan and staff government relations events such as community meetings, rallies, press conferences and meetups.
- Recruit and manage our growing network of Dasher and merchant advocates.
- Serve as project manager of internal systems such as Coupa, Phone 2 Action, Iterable, etc.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience with community organizing and project management.
- Impeccable organizational skills.
- Experience recruiting and remotely managing supporters from all backgrounds.
- Ability to build strong and sustained relationships with a diverse range of both internal and external stakeholders.
- In-house corporate experience
- Experience in the tech industry, particularly the on-demand economy.
- Political campaign experience
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learning – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-13