This is an exciting opportunity for a full-time Content Strategist to join a dynamic, creative team at Throughline, a premier visual information design firm.
Throughline is a design communications consultancy, headquartered in Washington, DC with additional locations in Charleston, SC and Camp Hill, PA. We are strategists, designers, and communication experts committed to building powerful visual tools that inform and inspire stakeholders to work toward the success of their organization. Throughline is a 2016 Davey Award winner and a three-time recipient of Inc. Magazine 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies. Visit www.throughline.com for more information.
If you are keen to join our team, we are looking for “whole-brain thinkers” with a passion for problem solving in areas such as technology, customer experience, logistics, and information systems, balanced with experience in internal and external B2B or B2C communications, and a flare for graphic design.
Our Content Strategist will have a customer-centric attitude, love the challenge to be flexible in moving from project to project and be comfortable interacting and communicating with clients. As the Content Strategist you will conduct requirements gathering, manage projects, and assist in visual and verbal translation of complex concepts. Throughline seeks a candidate with high energy who will fit in among passionate, committed, intelligent, savvy and fun professionals. This position is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to join a fast-growing company and work with an influential team.
- Strategic communication planning to support client business strategies
- Create customer experience and communications strategies
- Prepare presentations and develop print materials to support client communications
- Coordinate projects between accounts, digital strategy and design teams
- Manage projects, set and meet deadlines and communicate deliverables status to clients
- Work with the design studio to conceptualize and execute visual design artifacts
- Bachelor’s degree, with a focus in Communications, Marketing or Business
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Excellent client-facing skills, including ability to communicate both in-person and via email
- Strong written communications and editing skills, marketing or public affairs work a strong plus
- Ability to collaborate productively in large interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to multi-task, take on several projects, meet deadlines, organize, and communicate effectively
- Proven project management track record demonstrating that engagements were delivered on-time and within budget
- Strong knowledge in principles of graphic design, information layout, and presentation
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, comfort with Adobe Illustrator a plus
- Knowledge or experience working with government clients is a plus
We value a cover letter as a pitch for how you are qualified for and interested in this position, and as a formal writing sample.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-08