National Alliance for Public Charter Schools
What is the Role?
The National Alliance for Public Charter Schools, the leading national nonprofit dedicated to advancing the charter school movement, is recruiting a talented and motivated communications professional to join its growing team.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Digital Strategy, the Coordinator of Communications and Marketing helps craft and execute the communications strategies that furthers organizational goals by disseminating and amplifying a positive narrative about the charter school movement. The Coordinator will collaborate with all departments to manage the execution of major public relations campaigns and publication releases.
The ideal candidate must be a planner and a tactician who can prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on project management. A successful candidate will be an expert in design and have experience in planning and executing communications campaigns.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a communications-focused project manager for major public relations campaigns and publications, including planning, pitching, and digital content development;
- Produce marketing materials, graphics, and one-pagers using Adobe design software;
- Manage our partnerships with graphic design and photography consultants;
- Provide communications and support for state-level charter support organizations (CSOs);
- Support event marketing and logistics;
- Support digital strategy, including CMS maintenance, website development and maintenance, email marketing, and blog content development; and
- Other important tasks and functions that keep the communications team moving towards our goals.
Who You Are
- You have 2-3 years of communications and/or marketing experience.
- You have grown as a professional working in an advocacy organization, on a campaign, or on Capitol Hill. Education policy or education reform experience is major plus.
- You are a steadfast project manager with top-notch organization, planning, and tracking skills.
- You can edit photos, create graphics, and lay out basic reports using Adobe Creative Suite with ease and possess an in-depth knowledge to support the team with Adobe CS.
- You are a multi-tasker and can successfully manage a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- You are a self-starter, able to work independently, and enjoy creating and implementing new initiatives.
- You are committed to the mission of the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools and believe diversity and inclusion are important pillars to the success of any organization.
Who We Are
The National Alliance for Public Charter Schools believes that all families deserve high-quality public school options. Charter schools are independent public schools providing families with a new set of public school options. Each of these schools is developed to be a partnership between parents, teachers, and students.
Increasingly, when given the option, parents are choosing to enroll their children in charter schools. In fact, the demand for charter schools is far outpacing the supply in most communities. What began as a small movement in a couple of states has grown to become a major force in education reform. Through advocacy, research, and community outreach, the National Alliance works to grow the number of high-quality charter schools available to all families, especially those who do not have access to high-quality public schools.
Please apply online at https://www.publiccharters.org/our-work/what-we-stand-for/work-national-alliance?gh_jid=1930177.
Job posted: 2019-11-11