Coordinator, Political Affairs
About the job
Job Summary: The Coordinator, Political affairs will be responsible for coordinating and executing Finseca’s political activities. The coordinator will be the primary data entry specialist on the team, will manage all internal and external calls/meetings, and will be the logistics lead on all political events both in D.C. and across the country. They will assist in the planning and execution of Finseca’s fly-ins, political trainings and in-district efforts. The coordinator will be responsible for a grassroots portfolio, including political fundraising and the coordination of legislative meetings. Other projects will be assigned as necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the execution of Finseca’s Ambassador program including political fundraising and legislative meetings.
- Responsible for utilizing the database to record all political activities including contributions, legislative meetings, engagement plans, and ensuring accurate and thorough records are kept.
- Collaborating with other members of the Political Affairs team to increase member awareness of Finseca’s political programs through the development of collateral and content.
- Management of all fundraising event logistics (tracking pledges, attendees, draft agenda, materials, catering, etc.).
- Preparation of thank you letters, newsletters, solicitations, and other relevant political affairs-related correspondence.
- Manage website content on a regular and frequent basis.
- Coordination and scheduling of all internal/external meetings and calls for the political affairs team.
- Production of internal team reports for weekly emails, monthly meetings, and presentations.
- Recruitment and development of new Finseca Ambassadors.
- Other duties as required
Skills & Experience
- 1-3 years’ work experience, preferably on the Hill, political fundraising, or campaign setting
- Basic knowledge of and experience with campaigns or political action committees preferred
- Advanced skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and knowledge of Quorum and database management software considered a strong plus.
- Have a strong work ethic and are eager to learn
- Must meet deadlines, manage time well and perform job responsibilities without constant supervision
- Be strongly skilled in organization, analytical, problem-solving, customer service, and multitasking while being committed to excellence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail is a must
- Must have exceptional attention to detail, quality, and accuracy
Job posted: 2021-08-24