Digital Communications Coordinator
JRS/USA seeks an energetic, self-starter as a Communications Coordinator to develop and execute innovative communications strategies, with a focus on digital platforms. Reporting to the Director of Communications, this full-time position of Communications Coordinator will ensure JRS/USA is communicating effectively to our key audiences and stakeholders – including donors, advocates, and the Jesuit network – through support to overall JRS communications and marketing and the timely production of digital strategies, campaigns, and content.
- Play a key role in developing and executing JRS/USA’s digital strategy, with a focus on social media.
- Grow JRS/USA’s digital audience by executing highly innovative campaigns and mechanisms.
- Generate online content (web stories, videos, social media) that engages JRS/USA’s key audience and leads to measurable action.
- Build relationships with JRS/USA partners and stakeholders to share digital content and enhance JRS/USA brand.
- Work closely with JRS’s international team to create materials and grow collective online presence.
- Support positioning Executive Director as leader and expert by creating content for and helping to manage her social media engagement.
- Use tools to monitor and evaluate JRS/USA’s digital communications strategy performance (e.g. Google Analytics).
- Monitor for online news and “noise” about JRS/USA and refugee issues, making colleagues aware of any breaking news, and tailoring online content to capture momentum.
- Identify, manage, and collaborate with vendors and consultants on an as-needed basis.
- Assist in other aspects of the implementation of JRS/USA’s overall communications strategy as needed (e.g. event support, media relations, publications)
- Bachelor’s in advertising, communications, marketing, public/media relations, or related area of study.
- 2+ years of experience working in communications, digital marketing, or public relations.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with WordPress (or other website backends) and tools to enhance digital presence including SEO/SEM and social media management and advertising a plus.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, InDesign, and Spark) or other design software strongly preferred.
- Experience in or a strong desire to learn video production, editing, and use of video for social media.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Self-starter, able to work independently; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives and exploring new strategies and technologies in the field of communications.
- A positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter through indeed.com by May 15, 2020.
Job Type: Full-time
Job posted: 2020-04-22