Digital Communications Manager
Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals. As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
The Digital Communications Manager will play a key role as part of the external communications team in helping to drive visibility and awareness for Cengage as a leading disruptor in education and technology. In this role, s/he will develop and execute social media and digital communications strategies that map to the overall external communications program goals and help build the company’s overall digital footprint.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Build and execute upon a social media strategy, leading platform prioritization, copy and messaging development, publishing, community management, monitoring and reposting
- Handles day-to-day relationship with agency and acts as a liaison between external agency and relevant internal partners
- Own and run editorial content calendar including:
- Working with agency to develop social copy, tagging and scheduling strategy
- Identify stories and initiatives to highlight
- Coordinate with creative team on needed multimedia assets
- Understand, monitor, and predict trends and use them to inform social content and strategy
- Support social media event strategy and align with overall marketing goals for relevant industry events
- Collaborate with other members of the Communications team to develop and execute Executive LinkedIn strategy
- Help support web team with SEO strategy development and ensure brand messaging across our owned properties
- Coordinate with all Cengage-owned brands to ensure consistent brand presence and voice across multiple social media accounts and channels.
- Work closely with external communications, public affairs and relevant marketing teams to develop and execute influencer relations strategy
- Conceptualize and put into action paid social media strategy in coordination with paid media team
- Handle relationship with social media platform partners and stay up-to-date on new tools and products
- Support maintenance of the Cengage digital footprint and narrative across relevant talent and business databases (including Glassdoor, Wikipedia, Yelp, Google, etc.)
- Support crisis relations lead including driving social protocols as well as providing input/coordinating with external communications to resolve messaging and actions
- Serve as internal expert and resource, developing social media standard methodologies and supporting employee advocacy efforts as needed
- Drive analysis and reporting of all social media efforts, both on a campaign basis as well as mapping back to broader social and external communications goals
Skills You Will Need Here:
- Four – six years of related communications, content management and/or marketing experience; agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Deep knowledge of and relationships with all social platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
- Experience aligning organic with paid media strategies
- Understanding of the constantly evolving digital landscape and an eye for emerging channels, trends and examples.
- Ability to manage complex responsibilities and prioritize among multiple demands and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-versed with Google Analytics
- Experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
Need help finding the right job?
Job posted: 2020-10-07