Weber Shandwick is currently seeking a dynamic, experienced Digital Director for the Washington, DC team with digital expertise and experience, responsible for management and execution of multiple client social media programs and account teams. Client-facing responsibilities will include strategic program planning, managing programs and activities to meet client goals, effectively delegating projects, providing strategic counsel to team members and allocating agency resources while managing client schedules and budgets. This individual will also be engaged in new business development activities, primarily in the local region, and must have the proven ability to work on cross-functional agency teams.
We are an award winning creative studio of writers, designers, builders, strategists, conversation-starters, storytellers. We create content for the worlds most beloved brands globally.
We want someone who is collaborative and willing to work on teams to do bold new things. Someone who wants to solve client problems in new ways as social media paradigms and practices evolve and shift.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as senior manager of the social media programs of multiple top-tier clients, acting as the agency-client liaison
- Strategic lead who can translate client objectives into successful programs, collaborating closely with account teams
- Manage the flow of work, information and strategy between agency account teams and client’s digital, marketing and communications contacts
- Oversee clients’ social media channels including editorial planning, content development, monitoring/analytics and ongoing social strategy and creative community engagement
- Work with clients on tactical issues in digital and social media (microsites, social networks, influencers, syndication, social media advertising, etc.) and provide client counsel
- Generate new ideas and opportunities to ensure client program success
- Serve as financial manager, ensuring that programs are scoped appropriately and revenue is managed accurately
- Serve as manager to several direct reports, ensuring their successful performance and growth
- Support the new business development process. Understand industry trends and issues that directly and indirectly affect the client, particularly as they relate to clients’ and industries’ use of social media
- Have 7+ years in the digital space, with proven experience delivering successful social media programs across verticals
- Have a strong understanding of digital and social channel strategy
- Have experience building and managing teams and activating team members to deliver high quality work
- Have experience building and managing editorial processes that identify and aggregate content opportunities from various sources into one holistic channel strategy
- Ability to think strategically about the development and execution of integrated digital programs
- Are passionate about the constantly changing world of media with ability to drive thought leadership for clients and the agency
- Are talented writers, clear communicators and engaging presenters
- Are knowledgeable about the intersection of earned, owned and paid media
- Have experience in program measurement and analysis
- Can act as trusted advisors for multiple clients
- Are proven program managers who can effectively oversee multiple work streams while partnering with project management
- Can manage financial responsibilities related to client and team management
When Weber Shandwick was formed we set out a mission that, by design, has no end date. We committed to be “engaging always.” We knew then, and more so now, that being open, aspirational and entrepreneurial is what it takes to engage people and deliver business impact in a rapidly changing environment.
Our journey to date might surprise you. From a powerful PR base, we’ve built-in one of the world’s largest, global social agencies. Then we added Mediaco, a pioneering, award-winning content consulting and publishing operation. And today, we continue to lead digital and advertising assignments for some of the world’s most enduring companies and social causes.
Along the way, we’ve been validated repeatedly by Ad Age’s “A List,” creative leadership at Cannes Lions and global frontrunner status in the PR category. Yet despite our industry-leading status among marketing services agencies, we’re still just getting started. We strive to bring our collective intelligence, open architecture model and continuous learning to our work, not to mention agility required to deliver it.
We’re strategists, builders, analysts, producers, designers, creatives, technologists. And we unite around big ideas.
So “engaging always.” is really about innovative change. And that’s what we continue do every day, adding new dimensions and diverse talent to our mix across our network of more than 81 countries around the world.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Learn more here
Job Posted: September 11, 2017