Digital + Engagement Strategist
The Digital + Engagement Strategist develops and executes strategies to effectively promote and advance ElectriCities’ brand awareness, services, and strategic initiatives through various digital platforms, outreach events, or other engagement techniques. This position plays a key role in driving ElectriCities’ social media strategy and digital campaigns and building member capacity to implement their own social media and digital strategies in support of public power.
- Develop and execute the organization’s social media strategy in alignment with our strategic goals and current events. This includes collaborating with internal and external subject matter experts and strategy owners to develop timelines and content, as well as providing guidance on the most effective social media channels and tools.
- Develop and manage a regular communications rhythm and editorial calendar while overseeing ElectriCities’ overall day-to-day social media presence across several channels (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.), including but not limited to: announcements, member community events, legislative activity, job openings, storm/weather updates, news/press/media amplification, videos, thought leadership content, and important internal events – aligned to company strategy and desired outcomes.
- Develop compelling and engaging digital content including short videos, social tiles, graphics, and infographics to support the content strategy to increase engagement with social media followers.
- Play a key role in driving the organization’s Value of Public Power campaign through social and digital engagement, analytics analysis, and one-on-one engagement with members on amplifying their social and digital presence and engagement through the campaign.
- Meet with member communities one-on-one to build individual members’ capacity to implement social and digital engagement strategies in support of public power.
- Remain current on social media, email marketing, and other engagement best practices for continuous improvement and to advise leadership on key trends impacting the organization’s approach.
- Drive email marketing campaigns throughout the year aimed at internal and external audiences.
- Present social and digital engagement best practices, resources, and key findings in front of a variety of internal and external audiences including ElectriCities’ conferences, Communications Task Force meetings, and member webinars.
- Develop social media templates and best practices to share with member community communications professionals to improve consistency, amplification, and overall reach.
- Manage social media reporting and planning on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Provide reporting best practices to member communities including templates and recommendations on metrics to track.
- Develop campaigns to effectively promote ElectriCities services and the value of public power to key stakeholders. This includes maintaining a strong understanding of target audiences and the most effective communication or promotional techniques.
- Collaborate with strategy owners and subject matter experts to plan and execute outreach events or activities to advance the organization’s strategic initiatives. Events will include regional member meetings, public power promotional events, legislative initiatives, workforce/career awareness events, training & development promotional events, ElectriCities conferences, etc.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of corporate-wide engagement activities by developing and monitoring key performance indicators.
- Foster an environment of collaboration and teamwork to work effectively with other departments/divisions and fellow employees.
- Participate in training and capacity building activities.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications or Marketing.
- Experience planning and executing corporate, brand engagement, or recruitment events of varied size and format.
- Five years’ experience developing and executing social media and other engagement/promotional strategies for brand or service awareness and impressions.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and engagement techniques and best practices. Familiarity with web design and publishing.
- Familiarity with various content and association management systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated creativity in problem-solving.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with frequently changing priorities in a collaborative environment.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a family-friendly culture, a competitive compensation, benefits, and rewards package, as well as career development opportunities. ElectriCities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job posted: 2021-10-31