Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
What you’ll do
Become part of an iconic brand that is set to revolutionize the all-electric pick-up truck & rugged SUV marketplace.
The essence of this role is to:
- Serve as a key leader on the communications team, advising positioning, driving strategy, crafting and reviewing communications across the company
- Leverage expertise in corporate communications to deliver proactive media strategies and results
- Build and maintain strong media relationships with top tier press across multiple fields including automotive, technology, and business
- Shape and execute a cohesive narrative strategy across the company; pitch story ideas that align with the company’s business priorities and goals
- Coordinate with internal and external collaborators to align launches, initiatives, and corporate milestones with PR opportunities
- Work closely with members of the executive leadership team to filter and identify high impact thought leadership opportunities.
- Draft speeches, talking points, presentations, and interview briefings for senior leaders
- Maintain regular communications cadence with industry trade and business publications and identify opportunities to showcase Scout
What you’ll bring
- 10+ years professional experience with expertise in corporate communications, including ability to develop PR strategies, press releases, and messaging with successfully placed stories and speaking engagements across business and trade outlets; established media relationships, especially within the automotive industry preferred
- Impeccable writing skills with corporate communications and competence to articulate complex content and concepts in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with global stakeholders
- Proven ability to garner media attention, craft business stories and also drive internal communications execution.
- Skillful at organizational navigation and cross-functional collaboration at all levels; ability to develop effective partnerships and relationships
- Creative and strategic problem solver who exercises sound judgment
- Robust creative skills to develop interesting pitch angles and cultivate unique opportunities to strengthen Scout’s reputation and brand message
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple relationships, and prioritize conversations to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple agencies at once and set clear expectations of priorities and communication strategy
- Able to think strategically and respond quickly to the ever-changing media landscape
What to expect
Scout is all about respect. Respect for the environment by developing all-electric vehicles with the capability to get you to any location. Respect for the past and the future by taking an iconic American brand that hasn’t been around for a while, electrifying it, digitizing it, and loading it with American innovation. Respect for communities by creating a company that stands for its people and its customers. And respect for both work and play, with vehicles that are equally at home at a camp site, a job site, or on a Tuesday commute.
What’s in it for you
The benefits of joining Scout include the chance to build products and a company from the ground up. This is a chance to create something new and lasting – with an iconic brand at its foundation. In addition, Scout provides competitive compensation, medical, dental, and vision plans, company holidays and paid vacation, and a 401(k) savings plan with company match.
This position is eligible to receive a base salary and to participate in an annual performance bonus program. The salary range listed represents the maximum and minimum starting base pay for this position as of the time of posting. Final salary offered will be determined based on factors including but not limited to the candidate’s skills and experience. The annual performance bonus program is preset and not candidate dependent.
Initial base salary range = $175,000-200,000
Scout is committed to employing a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected by law. Scout is committed to compliance with all applicable fair employment practice laws.
Job posted: 2023-04-26