Director of Community Affairs
There is a reason that Clark is a leader in the construction industry. Simply put, it’s our people. You can play a critical role in the future of our cities and communities with a career at Clark Construction. From monuments and museums, to stadiums, hospitals, universities, highways, hotels and more, Clark has shaped America’s skyline for over a century. Our work leaves a lasting legacy; the same goes for our people. We owe our success to the leadership, talent, and drive of our employees. With a wide range of opportunities from management, to finance, to engineering and more, explore the many ways to grow your career and build your own legacy at Clark. Come be a part of our team, today!
Working as part of Clark’s Corporate Affairs team in its Bethesda, Maryland headquarters, the Director of Community Affairs will help drive positive change in the communities where we work. This Clark leader will be responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing enhancement of community engagement and community impact programs in the Mid-Atlantic Region and in support of the company’s major building and infrastructure projects.
The Director of Community Affairs will report to the Executive Vice President of Corporate Affairs and will also work collaboratively with the company’s Corporate Communications Team, its various project teams, regional Business Units, and company subsidiaries such as Edgemoor Infrastructure and Real Estate, as well as the company’s public affairs advisors.
- Community Relations Programs: Lead the firm’s community relations programs throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, including the advancement of our workforce development and community engagement programs across the Greater Washington Region. Develop strong, collaborative relationships with relevant government agencies and officials, nonprofit organizations, community groups, schools and community colleges, as well as trade associations and labor organizations to help achieve local employment goals and build a pipeline of talent seeking meaningful careers in the building industry, especially from under-served and under-represented communities.
- Project-Specific Programs: Work in coordination with our Corporate Communications team and as a partner to our project leaders to develop and execute strategic public affairs and state and local government relations programs for projects that have significant community impact and/or community interest. These will often be large public-sector or institutional projects with high visibility and a high degree of interest by state and/or local government officials and community groups. Help Clark develop and maintain strong government relations and community relations through the course of the projects.
- State and Local Government Relations: Work with the Executive Vice President of Corporate Affairs as well as with our Business Unit leaders, business development leaders, and others to maintain effective communication with state, local, and community officials. Collaborate as appropriate with retained public affairs firms.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of professional experience in relevant fields such as community engagement, public affairs, government relations, workforce development, and/or communications.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and demonstrated success in initiating, developing, and implementing effective community engagement, public affairs, government relations, and related programs.
- Exceptional leadership skills, a strong yet approachable demeanor, and the ability to build strong rapport with our project teams and community stakeholders.
- Excellent team player with the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, clients, and other stakeholders to achieve shared goals and outcomes.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to develop engagement plans, presentations, and other communications needed to drive understanding and support for the company’s community affairs and workforce development efforts. Must have a good professional presence and be comfortable with presentations and public speaking.
- Proven ability to understand public policy and legislative developments that may affect the company’s projects and/or its community engagement and workforce development efforts.
- Local travel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Clark Construction Group, LLC, (subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Clark Construction promotes a drug-free workplace.
For more information on Equal Opportunity, you may visit this link.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-11