Director, External Affairs
What You’ll Be Doing…
Verizon is seeking an experienced professional with Washington experience who will be responsible for managing external stakeholder relationships with national civil and human rights organizations and diversity advocacy groups, with a specific focus on the impact of technology policy issues on diverse communities. Candidates must have strong relationships with leading national civil and human rights organizations and a thorough understanding of the key policy issues these groups promote. Experience with the technology needs of communities of color is a plus.
- Build and maintain cooperative alliances with key national stakeholders in the civil and human rights advocacy communities. Enhance Verizon’s reputation with these national civil and human rights groups.
- Manage and lead the company’s outreach and policy education efforts with key national civil and human rights groups. Educate national leaders in these communities about company’s policy positions and ensure the company understands and incorporates the perspectives of these stakeholders when developing company policy objectives and positions.
- Lead strategy to develop mutually beneficial partnerships with civil and human rights organizations, including developing projects and policy positions that advance shared goals.
- Manage and lead efforts to develop messaging and communications materials to communicate the company’s policy positions and mission in a way that ensures relevancy, effectiveness and understanding for external stakeholders in the civil and human rights community.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to resolve complex problems that may uniquely impact civil and human rights issues, escalating as necessary.
- Assume leadership or advisory positions in key stakeholder groups that influence public policy and actively represents the company’s position publicly with these organizations at conferences and other public events. Some travel required.
- Advise the company on the nexus between technology and human and civil rights-related issues. Protect the company’s policy brand and capitalize on opportunities to strengthen the company’s reputation through collaboration with civil and human rights stakeholders. Manage how the company is perceived by civil and human rights organizations.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to internal policy, regulatory and legislative teams on issues critical to the civil and human rights community. Use feedback from external stakeholders to help shape the development of company positions on major policy issues.
- Identify and build new partnerships with relevant national nonprofit organizations, with a particular focus on groups focused on increasing diversity in technology, the digital divide and preserving civil and human rights in the digital economy.
What We’re Looking For…
- 15+years of professional experience in relationship management with a concentration on policy / regulatory issues associated with civil and human rights broadly and telecom / technology specifically.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience managing public/private alliances for a major corporation a plus.
- Experience in national community outreach a plus.
- Strong background and experience working for or with leading national civil and human rights organizations is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of telecom, broadband and competition policy issues with an understanding of the policy making process at the FCC a plus.
- Exceptional communications skills and extensive public speaking / presentation skills. Ability to present complex subjects to executive – level management a plus.
- Superior analytical skills with a basic understanding of key trends and business concepts relevant to Verizon.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Proven ability to develop, lead and manage coalitions.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job Family: LGL
Business Unit: STDBU
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-03-26