Director of Federal Affairs
Instacart’s Policy & Government Affairs department advocates for public policy outcomes that support the long-term growth of our business and the success of our key stakeholders. We build trust with government policymakers, helping them understand our business and its positive impact on their communities. We help to shape complex, cutting-edge public policy debates that will define the future of work and e-commerce. We engage a diverse coalition of stakeholders and communities to build effective advocacy campaigns that advance our public policy goals. We help the company see around corners to anticipate and adjust to rapidly evolving political and regulatory landscapes.
The Director of Federal Affairs will lead Instacart’s Policy & Government Affairs presence in Washington, DC and oversee our engagement with Congress, the Executive Branch and other federal government stakeholders.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Build relationships with key policymakers and other influential federal government-oriented stakeholders
- Educate policymakers on the value of Instacart’s business to their constituents and the ecommerce landscape
- Craft and execute legislative, regulatory and political strategies to achieve federal policy goals
- Prepare for Congressional hearings, federal agency rulemaking and other federal legislative and regulatory proceedings
- Represent Instacart in national trade associations and industry coalitions
- Build third party political, advocacy and industry allies to support strategic policy objectives
- Collaborate with Policy Research and Development team to create federal policy solutions
- Work with Public Engagement team to build comprehensive federal advocacy campaigns for key legislative priorities
- You have 10+ years of federal government, policy or corporate government relations experience
- You have established Congressional and Executive branch relationships and you confidently interact with elected officials and executives alike
- You have a deep understanding of Congressional lawmaking and federal regulatory processes
- You are a strategic thinker with polished oral and written presentation skills
- You thrive under pressure and can balance long and short-term priorities to deliver results
- You are resourceful and entrepreneurial with a bias towards action
- You have experience as a team-oriented people manager
- Willing to travel frequently
- Bonus points if you have expertise in labor/workforce, ecommerce, transportation, or agriculture policy
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart’s same-day delivery and pickup services bring fresh groceries and everyday essentials to busy people and families across the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. Since its founding in 2012, Instacart has become an essential service for millions of families, while also serving as an immediate, flexible earnings opportunity for hundreds of thousands of shoppers across North America. The company partners with more than 400 retailers and delivers from more than 25,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America. Today, Instacart is accessible to more than 85% of households in the U.S. and more than 70% of households in Canada.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck—everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-14