Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Federal Affairs
Provides strategic direction and implements proactive federal legislative change. Plans, organizes and directs team activities for the Company’s federal legislative needs. Consults and advises the Company staff on matters affecting Congress. Works closely with the Senior Vice President, Federal Affairs and the Federal Affairs Department by representing the Corporation and its issues before Congress, industry, trade and public advocacy groups. Implements corporate policy and strategy at the federal level and educates Congress as to the goals, objectives and needs of the American Electric Power Corporation and its Operating Companies.
- Implement Corporate policy and strategy for overall effective federal representation by educating Members of Congress and their staff as to the goals, objectives and needs of the Corporation.
- Develop and maintain a broad base of legislative, government and industry contacts at every level.
- Gather, interpret and communicate all legislative and government information that might impact corporate business.
- Confers with legislators and their staff to emphasize supposed weaknesses or merits of specific bills to influence passage, defeat, or amendment of the measure, or introduction of legislation more favorable to the corporation.
- Be responsive to Members of Congress and their staff and maintain relationships with associations, organizations and public advocacy groups or individuals important to AEP.
- Help market and sell Corporate issues and legislative initiatives to Congress and other affected parties.
- Work collaboratively with policy team and others within the organization.
- Develop and support corporate grassroots initiatives and Political Action Committee (PAC) activities.
Annual Salary From (Min)
Annual Salary To (Mid)
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Public Relations, Communications or other related disciplines.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in community/public affairs, communications or direct related experience in the industry. Or a minimum 6 years’ experience with the federal government.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-01