- Cultivate and maintain relationships with Republican Members of Congress and their staff, the Administration, and federal agencies that will distinguish the company as a leader in the biopharmaceutical space while proactively advancing company objectives.
- Navigate the legislative and political environment to address regulatory, legislative and policy issues that may impact corporate growth and profitability. Focus areas will include core healthcare issues relating to reimbursement and FDA policies in addition to other non-healthcare related issues such as tax, trade and intellectual property.
- Create and implement comprehensive legislative and regulatory strategies through engagement with key internal business partners, congressional and 3rd party stakeholders.
- Engagement with internal colleagues to ensure that business decision-makers have a strong understanding of the political and policy landscape in Washington.
- Cultivate unified philosophy through work with others in government affairs in pursuit of overarching objectives.
- Integrate Genentech’s outside consultants effectively in the development of policy and political strategies.
- Execute tactics around the company’s Political Action Committee focused on political giving strategy and internal growth.
Who you areYou’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
Core Competencies: Strategic Agility, Inspiring and Influencing, Teamwork and Collaboration
- A BA or BS is required.
- Qualified candidates should have an understanding of the legislative and political process and 7-10 years experience working on or with Capitol Hill. Strong relationships with Congressional Republicans or key healthcare committees preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in healthcare and expertise in issues of critical importance to company and its business.
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including trade associations and coalitions, and ability to proactively drive objectives by effectively bring individuals together.
- The candidate must be able to utilize strong oral and written skills in order to communicate targeted messages to a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
- The candidate must possess an ability to set clear objectives and effectively implement comprehensive government affairs strategies that include lobbying, coalition building, messaging, material generation and other means necessary in order to meet defined goals.
- The candidate must be a motivated individual who can provide strategic direction while working collaboratively as part of a government affairs team.
Who we areA member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Posted: April 14, 2017