Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Global Policy Communications and External Affairs
Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Micron Technology is a world leader in innovating memory and storage solutions that accelerate the transformation of information into intelligence, inspiring the world to learn, communicate and advance faster than ever.
The Micron Global Government & Public Affairs team is looking for a leader to join the team as Director of Global Policy Communications and External Affairs. In this role, you will serve as the global communications strategist who will help advance our government relations work in key regions. We’re looking for someone who has significant experience running communications around sophisticated legislative, regulatory, political, and policy related issues. The ideal candidate has excellent media relations skills, strong judgment, and experience building, developing, and leading a communications infrastructure in a matrixed organization. You also know how to work cross-functionally to align across among internal stakeholders.
• Assess policy communications needs across regions and build out a strategy in key locations
• Assess, handle and lead external agencies and resources focused on supporting execution of strategy for policy comms
• Develop and drive implementation of a global policy communications strategy
• Develop proactive campaign strategies to educate policymakers and users on key issues related to memory, Micron, and other issues of key importance
• Build an arsenal of effective messaging on active policy issues
• Draft expert-level communications on behalf of the executive team for policy audiences in partnership with the advocacy, stakeholder, business, legal, people, finance and policy teams
• Work closely with the government affairs and legal teams to align on strategic responses to emerging policy issues
• Ongoing engagement and education of the media, industry, policymakers and other collaborators
• Prepare spokespeople for media interviews, policy meetings, and public appearances related to policy issues
• Provide ongoing counsel and thought partnership to the company’s senior leaders to best position Micron in new and growing markets to achieve our policy priorities
• 10-12+ years of policy communications experience
• Policy communications experience in government and/or the technology, defense, semiconductor, supply chain (automotive, industrial, manufacturing, consumer electronics) industry. B2B preferable
• Excellent strategic, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
• High level of strategic and interpersonal competence
• Established relationships with key members of the media in policy markets; reputation as a trusted source
• Deep understanding of manufacturing, semiconductor, government incentives, defense, industrial, procurement, technology sectors
• Ability to weigh big picture policy and political objectives with immediate business needs
• Previous experience working for a matrixed, multinational company
• Minimum BA or BS degree required
As a world leader in the semiconductor industry, Micron is dedicated to your personal wellbeing and professional growth. Micron benefits are designed to help you stay well, provide peace of mind and help you prepare for the future. We offer a choice of medical, dental and vision plans in all locations enabling team members to select the plans that best meet their family healthcare needs and budget. Micron also provides benefit programs that help protect your income if you are unable to work due to illness or injury, and paid family leave. Additionally, Micron benefits include a robust paid time-off program and paid holidays. For additional information regarding the Benefit programs available, please see the Benefits Guide posted on micron.com/careers/benefits.
Micron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To learn more about Micron, please visit micron.com/careers
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s People Organization at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-336-8918 (select option #3)
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-10