Director, Global Policy
The Director of Global Policy is part of the Global Policy team focusing on the coordination and alignment of global policies and support of regional governance initiatives. This position reports to the Global Head of Employee Relations. You will be charged with providing the professional knowledge and technical expertise to lead all aspects of and manage WeWork’s global human resources policies across business lines and acquisitions throughout the world. You will work closely with the Global Head of Employee Relations, regional Heads of People and global employment counsel to review and advise on standard methodologies, identify gaps and evaluate opportunities for improvement within the current policy portfolio, manage governance of the existing policy portfolio, as well as support the development of new policy as needed. You will be a gatekeeper charged with ensuring that policies are current and reflect WeWork’s business objectives and culture.
- Organizes, and executes policy strategies to achieve WeWork’s goals
- Reviews human resources-related policies and recommends revisions to such policies to preserve alignment with WeWork’s culture.
- Works cross-functionally with internal partners such as legal, communications and the broader policy team
- Assists in the development, writing and maintenance of WeWork’s culture-focused policies
- Ensures that global People teams monitor regulatory changes in WeWork’s markets and update existing policies as needed
- Provides expertise on compliance best practices
- Assists in the implementation and rollout of new global policies
- Acts as global point of contact for questions regarding WeWork’s policies and related processes
- Conducts regular audits of policy processes to ensure ongoing alignment with company values, people strategy and local regulations
- Coordinates closely with teams across business lines to ensure alignment between policy and culture
- Assists in reporting processes and metrics to evaluate policy efficiency and cultural alignment
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of hr-related experience, ideally with a focus on employment laws
- Strong writing skills and interpersonal/communications skills
- Proficiency in online platforms (Google Suite)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Ability to work autonomously
Learn more here
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job posted: 2020-05-19