Director, Government and Community Affairs
Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA’s Washington Wizards, NBA G League’s Capital City Go-Go, and NBA 2K League’s Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University’s campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth’s East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region’s top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
- You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
- You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
- You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
- You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
- You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
- You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
- You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
- Monitor District of Columbia, Virginia, Maryland, and Federal legislation, regulation, and court decisions impacting Monumental Sports & Entertainment.
- Review proposed legislation and provide analysis for impacts on corporation and activities.
- Research and write analysis on proposed policy at federal, state and city governments.
- Develop and lead strategy for building relationships with District of Columbia Government officials and elected representatives.
- Act as company representative at community and government associations and clubs.
- Work with legal team to ensure compliance with public policies and objectives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key community leaders.
- Responsible for handling professional and lobbyist contracts and work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years government work experience.
- Knowledge of local state federal legislative and executive processes.
- Project management and planning skills.
- Attention to detail and strong follow-through.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Job posted: 2021-03-11