Director, Government Relations
We are seeking a seasoned government affairs professional – our first external hire in this role. This person will lead and grow an effective government relations practice that accelerates Zocdoc’s growth and supports our mission to give power to the patient. The ideal candidate is both an architect and a builder: you can craft a strategy (at first, at the state level and over time at the federal level) and also roll up your sleeves to get the job done. You are an expert communicator, collaborator, and are motivated by accountability to deliver clear results. Importantly, you will develop a regulatory approach that is always ‘Patients First’ and builds trust in and goodwill for Zocdoc.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop winning regulatory strategies. We’ll look to you to get up to speed on our business, industry, and regulatory affairs priorities quickly. From there, you’ll architect the strategies, campaigns, and repeatable playbooks that mitigate challenges and accelerate our business.
- Effectively execute on multiple workstreams. You’ll own and oversee all aspects of implementation and execution of those winning strategies. This will require you to be both a master project manager and strong individual contributor with a ‘no job too small’ mindset.
- Hire and manage the talent. You’ll select, onboard and manage firms on a state-by-state basis. You’ll ensure they’re working in lock-step with our business, checking in regularly to update them on the latest, calibrating and coordinating on state-level efforts, and driving them toward desired outcomes. Over time, you will have the opportunity to grow an in-house team, too.
- Represent Zocdoc externally. You’ll serve as our primary external representative to interface with elected officials, regulators, policymakers, their staff, and other influential third party organizations and thought leaders.
- Develop compelling assets. You’ll draft and edit official brand materials including one-pagers, op-eds, policy proposals, comments on regulations, requests for information, formal correspondences, briefing materials, and more. You’ll ensure these assets are always aligned with our brand and consistent with our regulatory positions.
- Partner with the business. A key part of your success will rely on having a deep understanding of how Zocdoc works – both from a product and organizational perspective. You’ll also need to ensure teams are supporting our regulatory priorities and positions. This will require you to cultivate strong relationships with stakeholders across the business, including Executives, Legal, Sales, Business Operations, Product Marketing, Communications, Customer Service, and more.
Who You Are:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree;
- You have 10+ years in government relations, with experience representing fast-growing companies in heavily regulated industries (tech experience preferred, healthcare industry experience not required);
- You are a quick study. You can get up to speed on a complex business and regulatory environment quickly, translating that knowledge into effective programs;
- You are a strategic thinker who can see around corners and architect a clear plan that takes into account short-term objectives while preserving long-term optionality;
- You are execution-focused with a ‘no job too small’ mentality, and an ability to flawlessly juggle multiple priorities at once;
- You are a natural collaborator and team player. You adeptly manage internal stakeholders, secure their buy-in, and bring collaborators along for the ride;
- You are a clear and compelling communicator who is a master at writing, editing, and presenting in any setting; you have a magical ability to simultaneously persuade and build trust;
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, with accountability to clear targets, deadlines and outcomes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-03-20