Director of Government Relations
As a Director of Government Relations, you would be a part of a team that is sharp, dedicated, and proactive and provides guidance in interpreting the laws and regulations that govern our industry. They lead the way in ensuring we are conducting business lawfully and ethically and that every product, service, and initiative we push forward upholds our strong ethical standards and all federal, state and local obligations.
This is a remote position based out of CA (ideally the Sacramento area); must be willing to travel extensively within a multi-state region (to include CA, NV and some travel to New Mexico as needed)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Meet regularly with elected officials in their districts, at their State Capitol offices, and at organized political and legislative events to educate them on TMX Finance and the title lending industry.
Develop and execute political campaign contribution strategies and state-level legislative strategy, including developing and executing local grass-root initiatives in key markets.
Monitor state, county and municipal politics and policy issues for relevance to TMX Finance.
Review state legislation, agency regulations, and local ordinances for potential relevance to TMX and provide analysis.
Enhance brand awareness and reputation through the attendance of political and community events on behalf of TMX Finance, as directed.
Manage state contract lobby teams and interface with industry in-house and contract lobby teams.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with legislators and other stakeholders.
File timely, and accurate finance and lobby reports in compliance with individual state laws.
16001, CORP, Government Affairs-16301, 16301, LEG54771-Dir Government Relations West
- Bachelors’ degree in political science, public relations, or related field
- 2-4 years of experience within state legislative or executive branch, 5+ years of overall government relations experience preferred (including in-house or contract lobbying role)
- CA legislative/government affairs/campaign experience is strongly preferred
- Prior work experience with state or federal political campaigns a plus
- Must have extensive knowledge of politics and the legislative process
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and cultivate relationships
- Must have ability to work independently and remotely
- This is a remote position (ideally in/around the Sacramento area); must be willing to travel extensively within a multi-state region (to include CA, NV and some travel to New Mexico as needed)
- Occasional travel to the Savannah corporate office may be required
- Multi-state experience is a plus to include experience in Nevada and/or New Mexico
Learn More About Us:
Though our Legal Department is diverse in terms of day-to-day responsibilities, they are united by a commitment to act at all times with honesty and integrity. They provide a range of legal services to all of our store brands and corporate departments, always protecting our strategic interests. Our Government Relations team is responsible for building strong relationships in the political arena, representing our Company as a responsible community partner.
Standing, walking, sitting, repetitive movements, and use of mechanical controls, such as keyboard, are frequently required.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-01-03