Director of Internal Communications
Southern New Hampshire University is currently seeking an Internal Communications Director. The Internal Communications Director will oversee and optimize the university’s newly redeveloped faculty and staff intranet and make it the primary channel for effective communications to staff and faculty university-wide. This position reports to the AVP of Internal Communications and works closely with External Affairs, Campus Communications and other departments throughout the university. The Internal Communications Director will work on channel adoption and optimization, a content strategy and execution, content editing and creation, contributor development and management, related channel management duties and more.
Essential responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Support a unified view of all communication across departments with a focus on creating and maintaining brand consistency with message, tone and voice
- Serve as the intranet content point of contact for content contributors and departments across the university
- Emphasis will be placed on aligning this plan with the overall university mission, vision and brand standards
- Support change management communications about university changes and announcements to ensure adoption, understanding and accurate execution
- Assist with leadership, change management and crisis communications
- Create and manage an intranet editorial calendar
- Contribute to an accessible communications calendar
- Create, execute and measure the effectiveness of intranet communications for internal audiences while ensuring collaboration with external communication channels and outreach
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in communications.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent content creation and management skills, strong written and verbal communications, executive-level presence and ability to ensure shared understanding as well as gain consensus among a variety of internal stakeholders
- Strong strategic thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Proven ability to use employee feedback and data to drive improvements to communications initiatives
- Able to produce thoughtful and well-written content including: announcements, memos, presentations, emails, or one pagers
- Approachable and highly collaborative individual who can field numerous inquiries and prioritize accordingly
- Strong commitment to quality, organization and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Previous experience working with and developing communications on behalf of internal audiences and stakeholders
- Experience with using various technologies and tools to distribute and measure communications
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Crisis communications experience
Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with flexibility to meet business demands as needed.
A background check is required for employment. Please submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your application.
Why Join SNHU?
Ours is a dynamic environment where innovation is encouraged—and ideas are welcomed. We believe in one another’s potential, and we focus on creating a positive community where collaboration, belonging, and growth are valued.
SNHU employees are a team in every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives, and ideas to create a vibrant work environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance, and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to transform the lives of learners.
As a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. Therefore, we are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all of our employees feel welcomed, valued, and empowered. We’re proud to have been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its inception.
By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, we’ll shape the future of education by transforming lives—beginning with yours.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-08