Director of Communications
The Connected Commerce Council (3C) is a newly founded industry association for digitally powered small businesses around the world. On behalf of its growing small business membership, 3C is an advocate for small business on Data Collection & Use, Advertising Restrictions and Privacy issues, a resource for small businesses’ continued growth and development and a source for small business related research and information.
Director of Communications
3C is seeking to hire a senior communications professional to complete a best-in-class communications and marketing team. The Director of Communications will be a critical hire reporting directly to the head of strategy supporting the CEO and other members of the executive team. The Director of Communications’ primary responsibility is to own and execute 3C’s communications strategy across multiple platforms and audiences.
- Directly produce a high-volume of materials including press releases, case studies, presentations, and social media content
- Oversee the development and production of weekly newsletters targeted to members and policy influencers
- Manage external freelancers and consultants that support content production and media relations
- Identify and engage with reporters and key media influencers around the intersection between small businesses and the digital economy
- Manage social media efforts ensuring high-quality, strategic posts and shares
- Own the daily news cycle for the organization providing analysis and insights on the stories that matter going beyond daily clips
The Ideal Candidate Possesses:
- Intellectually passionate about the digital economy and small businesses
- Candidates that have experience in one of the following are highly desired:
- Journalists (editors or reporters) who cover technology and/or small business issues
- Industry trade experience
- Capitol Hill experience with Members or committees dealing with technology and small business issues
- Critical thinking with superior writing skills that persuade and engage
- Entrepreneurial work ethic and committed to the mission of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven, successful experience in Marketing, Communications or related fields.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Connected Commerce Council (3C) is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Type of Employment
This is an exempt position. This position is primarily a desk job that requires being able to function accordingly but may require attendance at events, conferences, etc. that require being on one’s feet an extended amount of time and may require lifting up to 50 lbs.
About the Company
The Connected Commerce Council (3C) is a non-profit membership organization promoting small businesses’ success through the adoption of essential digital technologies and tools. 3C provides small businesses with services to facilitate access to the market’s most effective digital tools, delivers education and coaching to help small businesses optimize growth and efficiency, and works to cultivate a policy environment that considers and respects the interests of today’s small businesses and that thereby promotes consumer welfare.
Please send resumes and CVs to email@example.com
Job posted: 2019-02-24