Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Government Affairs
About this position:
In this newly created role, you will be a key figure in pushing Context Labs forward as a leader in the climate technology space at the intersection of data, carbon reduction, and greenhouse gas mitigation. The Director of Government Affairs will interact with local, state, and federal legislative bodies and government agencies to represent and protect the organization’s business plans and interests.
This position reports directly to the Chief Development and Strategy Officer.
In this role, you will:
- Research, monitor, and articulate regulatory activities that could affect the organization’s business and clients.
- Assists senior leadership with strategic planning for known and potential regulatory activities related to the business and industry.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with members of federal, state, and local government entities and agencies.
- Identify opportunities to support trade or non-governmental organizations that align with the company’s mission and goals.
- Join trade associations and industry committees and seek leadership roles.
- Collaborate with industry advocates to build areas of common interest.
- Introduce legislative and public policy changes that will support company operations.
- Testify before government committees in support of the organization and/or industry.
- Manage a liaison program between the organization and legislative entities.
- Anything else as may reasonably be required by the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong government contacts at federal, state, and local levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 8+ years of experience in advocacy or public policy required.
- Established relationships within energy and environmentally oriented federal and state agencies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, or similar products
Why you’ll like it here:
- Context Labs is collaborative at its core. You’ll work within your team and across the organization, allowing for continuous learning and discovery.
- We set goals that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to positively impacting carbon reduction and climate change.
- Context Labs’ mission is to transform complex data into continuously proven information. Powered by Immutably™, an innovative, trusted data fabric platform, our integrated solutions deliver context-driven insights that enable human networks to spot patterns, correlate trends – and reveal the ground truth hidden inside the world’s most complicated, persistent problems.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role. If you’re interested in applying, please do so.
Context Labs embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our products will be. Context Labs will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require accommodation, please contact Erica Mackoff at HR@contextlabs.com.
Who we are:
Context Labs solves big global problems by elevating trust in data. Our Immutably™ Platform solutions enable individuals, companies, and governments to produce data-driven insights that can be irrefutably trusted and verified. While the technology has broad application, our main focus is on climate initiatives that move the needle. We’re a rapidly growing team of creative problem-solvers that leverage disruptive technology to crack the world’s fundamental “too hard” challenges (such as decarbonization and water/food security). Do you want to have an impact working with smart, passionate people that push themselves, support each other and celebrate wins as a team? Join us.
We are a team that is hiring and growing! Learn more about Context Labs here:
Job posted: 2023-05-25