Director Political Action
The Head, Political Affairs, will be primarily responsible for the growth, compliance, and management of the CVS Health Political Action Committee and state political contributions. This position requires an experienced individual, who is a self starter and can interact with colleagues at all levels across the company. This is a great opportunity for an experienced PAC professional looking to manage a large business PAC operating at the federal and state levels, in a dynamic environment.
The position must ensure the sound financial management and compliance of political giving with applicable federal and state campaign finance laws, pay to play requirements and relevant election laws. The ideal candidate will have previous corporate PAC management and compliance experience, have a history of growing PAC participation, be a detail-oriented person and be excited about the opportunity to work with a talented, engaged Government Affairs team.
The position may be expanded to include grassroots activity with the right candidate.
• Responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day management and administration of the PAC and state contributions.
• With the Government Affairs team, create and manage an annual budget for the PAC, including coordinating attendance at political events
• Work with the HR, payroll, Finance, and external vendors to accurately to process contributions and disbursements and maintain accurate records and budgets.
• Manage CVS Health Charitable Match program, including disbursements to qualified charities
• Provide consistent, accurate progress reports on PAC participation rates, disbursement ratios and compliance with the PAC budget, including reports for the CVS Health Board of Directors
• Act as liaison with the PAC Board, managing bi-annual PAC Board Committee meetings including agendas, background materials, presentations, and applicable communications.
• Manage work of other employees supporting PAC administration
• Manage compliance with federal and state campaign finance and election laws, including PAC filings with the FEC.
• All state filings associated with PAC and corporate giving or other contractual requirements
• Ensure CVS Health PAC and corporate political giving occurs in accordance with all applicable laws and corporate governance guidelines/requirements.
• Work with internal counsel to operate the Pay to Play Committee and ensure appropriate reviews.
• Plan and execute ongoing corporate PAC solicitation and communication activities and campaigns with a goal of increasing PAC participation and contributions.
• Plan creative events and activities to encourage employee interest and participation in the PAC, including presentations and on-site presence at large company meetings (when allowed).
• Prepare and disseminate regular communications on issues of interest to CVS Health PAC contributors.
• Maintain and update the CVS Health grassroots website, PAC website and intranet community discussion
•Minimum 12 years experience in business, government or related work
• Minimum 5 years PAC administration experience, including processing PAC disbursements, generating compliance reports, and working with PAC databases (DDC experience preferred)
• Potential travel of up to 10% (While up to 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Team player with demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong Excel skills
• Strong PowerPoint skills
• Data analytics experience a plus
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Job posted: 2021-09-28