Director Of Public Affairs
This Director will lead public affairs strategy with a focus on thought leadership and strategic stakeholder management. Engage with policymakers, industry players and other thought leaders to shape public policy and political dialogue. Monitor current and relevant emerging public policy issues and proposed legislation that could impact the staffing industry.
Provide visibility and insights relevant to Randstad’s business. This role requires a strong understanding of the HR services industry, the ability to build strategic relationships resulting in a positive influence and impact on Randstad’s business environment. The Public Affairs Director will have a direct link with the management team, advising and providing input on public affairs issues.
- represent Randstad and enhance its leadership position in the US within organizations critical to shaping the world of work.
- work to educate stakeholders across all levels of government about the essential services and economic opportunities Randstad provides.
- work with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities to promote programs and initiatives to increase Randstad’s visibility and impact.
- represent Randstad at prioritized community events with potential clients that interest with Randstad community efforts
- continue to build an external strategic stakeholders network, connecting that network in a meaningful way to key functions internally
Thought Leadership & Content
- assessing trends and developments impacting the world of work leading to enhancing Randstad’s thought leadership
- work closely with Randstad’s Global/International Public Affairs team on public policy planning, reviewing inputs with holding and active participation in the Randstad global/international public affairs community.
- create and share content working cross functionally with marketing and communications organization
Legislative and Policy Engagement
- provide visibility and insights into legislative and regulatory activity of potential impact to the company.
- advocate in support of the company’s agenda by formulating strategy and managing outside government affairs representation around legislative and regulatory issues
- represent Randstad at public hearings to discuss proposed federal and state legislation
- set the strategy and lead engagement with the American Staffing Association and other HR services trade organizations regarding legislative initiatives
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Political Science, Policy, Journalism, Communications or similar field
- 10+ years professional experience in public affairs, government-relations strategy, consulting or communications
- Proven track record of advancing thought leadership within a relevant field or industry, and experience consistently delivering original thinking across multiple topics
- Experience working under time constraints and deadlines
- Strong government relations experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in taking short term actions while setting a longer term vision for Public Affairs.
- Existing network within at least one of the following; Federal Government, WEF, USCIB, ASA, SIA or SHRM.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Lead through influence/diplomacy
- Strong writing skills
- Executive presence & ability to interact with high-level decision makers
- Self-starter who can work with limited high level direction
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-pace environment
- Agile learner who can quickly adjust to projects and stakeholder outside past expertise
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-22