Director, Public Affairs
The Director of Public Affairs sits within the (External Affairs) organization, which is part of the Chick-fil-A Marketing Department. This position is responsible for leading the company’s reputation council, which includes representatives from governmental affairs, community affairs, operations, supply chain, menu strategy, talent and sustainability. This role is responsible for understanding risks to the business, developing strategies to mitigate those risks, and using informal influence to executive that strategy. Governmental Affairs reports to Legal, so tight alignment is important.
- Based on the business’ priorities, the Director will work with key internal stakeholders to create a global strategy and plan for external engagement to secure policy/regulatory outcomes in key target audiences, mitigate reputational and regulatory risk, create positive reputational opportunities and build strong relationships across a broad range of issues including food quality, food safety, nutrition, people, marketing practices and sustainability.
- It is absolutely vital that this Director ensures a globally understood picture of priorities and ownership of audiences and a process that creates alignment across the function and the wider business
- The Director Public Affairs will be responsible for creating and executing the plan for external engagement with the “direct” global audiences, identifying, mapping & monitoring stakeholders and influencers who influence the debate and policy outcomes around the company’s priority issues.
- This new hire will lead the plans for global policy announcements .
Internal Decision Making & Reputational And Regulatory Risk
- This leader will provide relevant intelligence into strategic global business decision making – operating as a strong, trusted and essential partner to the business.
- He/she will maintain strong relationships with other Corporate functions – Supply Chain, Sustainability, Marketing, People – to provide input on decision making based on reputation; serving as a member of cross-functional teams for relevant initiatives.
- Ensuring geopolitical, economic and other intelligence is available and understood by the function to contribute to horizon scanning/early warning on reputational risk is essential.
Practical support and guidance to the markets
- This hire will advise and support the markets on global/local plans, the planning process and execution, as well as advice on day to day issues management.
Capability Building In The Markets
- By building understanding, skills and capabilities in the markets, this leader will increase Global Policy and Engagement’s capacity to proactively manage the stakeholder and issues landscape.
- This leader will provide insights, tools and processes – e.g. stakeholder management model, crisis management procedures.
Other Activities & Relationships
- As a critical member of the Corporate Crisis Management Team, this new hire will help ensure preparedness and strategies for best-in-class response.
It is important that the successful candidate has significant experience in international Public Affairs/Government Relations/Public Policy or relevant field. He/she must additionally have excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- 10+ years Public Affairs experience with a leading “issues-rich” international consumer brand.
- Familiarity with the foodservice sector and related issues
- Ability to travel 30-50%
Minimum Years Of Experience
Required Level Of Education
Preferred Level Of Education
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-04-29