External Affairs Director
Resilience Force, a fast-growing national nonprofit, is hiring an External Affairs Director to tell RF’s story, lead external communications, and to support public and private partnership efforts. The Director will work closely with leadership and colleagues across teams to develop and implement the communications strategy, systems, and staff needed to further amplify Resilience Force’s brand and work. The director will oversee all communications staff and consultants, including traditional earned media as well as digital media, and work with teams across the organization to ensure alignment of messaging and brand. As Resilience Force expands its private sector partnerships, the director will play an important and evolving role in managing relationships and communications.
This is a remote position. The External Affairs Director will report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for building out the communications and partnerships team in 2022.
- Lead the development and execution of a comprehensive external communications strategy, supporting Resilience Force’s strategic plan and programmatic campaigns including working closely with the organization’s leadership and partners to advance a cultural narrative that elevates resilience workers
- Responsible for increasing the visibility of Resilience Force (and its leadership) as a national model for workforce development and a thought leader in its sector
- With leadership, hone Resilience Force’s perspective on partnerships and closely work with other teams to conduct stakeholder outreach and coordination that supports that organization’s legislative, advocacy, and workforce development campaigns
- Manage and develop all communications staff and consultants, including press and digital, ensuring strong coordination and the accomplishment of key benchmarks
- Set communications and messaging calendar and quarterly strategy
- Advise and prepare leadership for public appearances, media opportunities, and in meetings with partners; working with colleagues to ensure adequate preparation, coordination, and follow up
- Work across the organization to identify and communicate the accomplishments from the field, advocacy efforts, and campaigns
- While externally focused, the director will ensure the internal organization speaks with one voice by aligning communications and branding
- 7+ years experience in communications, marketing, or PR including experience working with or in business or corporate settings
- Exceptional strategic thinking, project management, and execution skills
- Strong communications skills, written and verbal
- Agile and organized work style with comfort and sense of urgency surrounding rapid response needs for media opportunities and disaster response
- Experience managing diverse projects and stakeholders with differing voices
- Passionate about growing an organization and taking a hands-on approach to building the systems and team needed to achieve strategic goals
The salary range for this position begins at $100K and will be commensurate with experience.
Resilience Force is a 501(c)(3) organization deeply committed to hiring a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA community, and all others are strongly encouraged to apply. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job posted: 2021-11-08