Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Federal Affairs Director
The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) has a full-time opportunity for a lobbyist at our Washington, D.C. location. This position represents NAMIC before Congress and federal agencies on the issues impacting property/casualty insurance companies, with a special emphasis on Senate Republican offices.
Responsibilities for this position include, but aren’t limited to:
- Manages issues portfolio by developing issue briefs, talking points and legislative strategies on all issues assigned.
- Maintains regular communications with other DC insurance representatives and members of the financial services community.
- Works closely with NAMIC standing committees and task forces.
- Assists legislative team in advancing all priority issues with lawmakers.
- Lobbies members of Congress and their staff on legislation on behalf of NAMIC and its member companies; builds and maintain strong relationships with key members of the House and Senate and their staff.
- Escorts member company representatives participating in Congressional Contact Program, NAMIC’s grassroots fly-in.
- Represents NAMIC at fundraising events.
- Represents NAMIC with appropriate government agencies.
- Identifies opportunities to report advocacy news to members through written, electronic and oral presentations.
- Writes and develops regular NAMIC member and Capitol Hill communications including: issue briefs and fact sheets, member and grassroots alerts.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience on Capitol Hill or the equivalent in the private sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Familiarity with major Congressional committees of jurisdiction preferred.
- Understanding of property/casualty insurance issues a plus.
- Ability to travel as required periodically.
NAMIC is proud to have been selected as one of the Best Places to Work! We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package with this full-time position. Benefits include access to group medical, dental and vision; a matched 401(k) plan; one paid day each year to volunteer with the charity of your choice; generous paid vacation; and more! We have a friendly yet professional work atmosphere where everyone enjoys working hard for the good of our members.
NAMIC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status.
Job posted: 2022-07-17