Government Affairs Director
RC-CN RO GA Director – Shanghai/Nanjing
Mission/ Position Headline:
- Acting as a business enabler to proactively co-create and drive business values with regulatory resources, RGM plays an active role to foster Siemens image and make Siemens a trusted and reliable partner for government and business stakeholders in defined regions.
Areas of Responsibility:
Position Siemens by leveraging Unique Selling Points (USP) to create, expand and defend market and to mitigate regulatory risks:
- Represent the company towards government, media and customers e.g. public speech, keynote presentation;
- Advise on critical issues of regional political and economic development e.g. local growth priorities and future investment/project focus;
- Coordinate and set up political dialogues for executive management e.g. schedule and organize meetings and draft briefing documents; etc.;
Drive regulatory advocacy for Siemens position to leverage policy benefits for business growth
- Acquire insights of key government initiatives and policies e.g. monitor, analyze and lobby key growth-relevant policies;
- Drive advocacy for Siemens position as thought leader in local context e.g. meet with officials to promote Siemens views and USPs;
- Engage local government on topics with important business interest e.g. lead policy dialogue with regulators on working level;
- Support leverage of regulatory funding e.g. acquire government subsidies
Grow business by driving and supporting focus projects with government
influence (G2B) to enhance their Go / Hit-Rate:
- Identify and shape emerging projects through governmental resources e.g. acquire provincial/municipal key project list – top down opportunities;
- Co-create unique selling points to promote tangible business interests e.g. elaborate policy needs and help to create business ideas;
- Drive focus projects as jointly defined with business teams e.g. concise Task
- Summary and project pipeline, initiate actions echoing to support needs;
- Support executive selling to key accounts and cross-business projects e.g. bridge customer contacts and set agenda for high level customer visits.
Dimension of Function/Volume: Reports to RC-CN RO RGMs
1) OpCo/StraCo BU, Strategy and regional business responsible;
2) RO/GA community across regions.
1) Government officials of defined regional authorities and institutions
2) Selected associations and customers as aligned with business
- Experience 8-10 years of relationship management with authorities, or within an industrial sector e.g. Energy;
- Experience in dealing with large infrastructure projects e.g. power plant, metro lines;
- Strong interpersonal and influential skill; High impact consultancy and driving by values;
- At least 5 years of working experiences in multinational companies.
Education & Training
- Bachelor degree or above, overseas study and work experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of Siemens portfolios and markets
- Excellent analytical & communication skill;
- Excellent understanding of Chinese Government process/thinking;
- Very good command of English;
- Strong understanding of Siemens internal interworking process and business strategies;
- Computer skills with MS office systems.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-04-28