Government Affairs Manager
About Swiss Re
The Swiss Re Group is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the Swiss Re Group is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the Swiss Re Group operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
Are you interested in helping to make the world more resilient? Passionate about public policy and politics? Experienced or interested in the financial sector, global commerce and transformation? Swiss Re is looking for a dynamic candidate who will:
- Persistently and skillfully gather, digest, share and seek feedback on information about need-to-change, changing or emerging laws, regulations and standards with all those who need to know inside the firm.
- Engage thoughtfully and purposefully with those in relevant positions in and around governments.
- Contribute to—and participate in—conversations with company executives.
- Help teammates accomplish their objectives.
- Share ideas on ways to improve what we do and the way we do it in our function.
- This is not an entry-level role.
About the Team
We’re searching for an intellectually curious and scrupulous professional to join our US team. You’ll help us scout the legislative and regulatory environment for risks—and opportunities—facing us and our customers. You’ll be essential to translating what’s happening outside the firm to key people inside the firm, and to helping translate their collective reactions to those in relevant positions in and around governments.
- Make valuable contributions, skip the unnecessary.
- Active, not passive. Persuasive, not dogmatic. Confident, not arrogant.
- Look around corners to perceive change and connect dots.
- Coffees and phone calls over interminable emails.
- Writer and speaker with an obsessive focus on precision and simplicity.
- Organized with a knack for doing several things at once with composure.
- Team-spirited with a sense of humor.
- Substance AND form.
- At ease with corporate executives and senior government officials.
- Discernable experience in US federal and state legislative and regulatory arenas.
How you apply
Please complete our online application and be sure to include a 3-sentence cover letter about why you’re genuinely interested in joining our team. We look forward to speaking with you!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the practice of the Company to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual’s qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please inform the Recruiter/HR Professional of the accommodation needed.
Reference Code: 85042
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-05-15