Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Manager
A bit about Health & Happiness
At Health & Happiness (H&H), our vision is focused on premium nutrition and lifetime wellness; to inspire and achieve this vision we bring together seven international brands as we strive to make people around the world healthier and happier. We have established market positions in more than 15 countries in Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America and Oceania with more than 3,400 employees working across the globe. We are excited about our future as we expand these premium, proven and aspirational brands to new markets, greeting consumers in all life stages.
What this means for you
The variety of work creates unlimited opportunities to excel across a breadth of disciplines; you will be presented with a wealth of new pathways and opportunities to explore throughout your career. Working with us will be more than just a job; we guarantee a life-changing experience as you step into an environment that moves quickly and presents new challenges daily.
Our success as an organization is directly attributed to the health and happiness of our team. As a new team member, you will be empowered to positively contribute to our high-impact culture and be supported in bringing your whole self to work.
Your role within the team
The Government Affairs Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining meaningful relationships with federal and state governments to foster an environment that supports the advancement of our regional strategy at H&H, especially to help expand our brands into the Asian market.
Leading the creation and implementation of plans to best-manage existing and emerging government affairs matters, the Government Affairs Manager will be relied upon to provide best-practice and high-quality advice to internal and external stakeholders on political and regulatory developments.
The Government Affairs Manager will identify opportunities and risks and will work with internal stakeholders to coordinate broader business strategies to pursue objectives as determined by the senior leadership team.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the North America CEO you will work closely with business leaders to advocate at both State and Federal Government levels to advance business strategy at H&H within the NA region. Key areas of focus include:
- Grant programs and incentives – having a comprehensive understanding of the full range of state Government grants available and managing the application processes and monitoring and reporting requirements
- Export assistance – supporting new market access initiatives through identifying relevant state government programs and initiatives
- Advocacy – ensuring strong relationships and communication channels are in place that heighten the profile of H&H within Government and build advocacy
- Government Strategy/Policy – understanding government initiatives that have the potential to impact on, or influence, the strategies and activities of H&H and identifying opportunities for H&H to align
- Engagement – work alongside business leaders to engage with key Federal Government Stakeholders; relevant Industry bodies; Research & Development sector; International governments with respect to new market opportunities
- Successful implementation of an integrated communications strategy to engage industry and elevate H&H profile
- High compliance and data accuracy across internal processes including agreements/budget/accrual/PO/payment and reconciliation/review cost benefits
- Submissions are created in a timely manger with a focus on high quality content (and an eye for continuous improvement)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Commerce
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with State/Federal Government (either in-house or external relationship management)
- Detailed understanding of trade & investment processes and political environment within context of North America government & regulations
- A strong sense of urgency, understands the “speed of business” and thrives in a high growth, multi-tasking role and keeps projects moving forward when challenges appear
- Comfortable working without direction and with ambiguity
- Taking the lead and being the expert in their field, with a desire to continue to build upon current knowledge and grow their professional network
- Focus on being high impact and achieving outcomes
- Collaborate with internal teams to streamline internal processes relating to Government Affairs function
Learn more here
At H&H Group, we believe an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
Job posted: 2023-05-02