Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Manager (Federal)
Job Description – Government Affairs Manager (Federal)
About Tremont Strategies Group
Tremont Strategies Group is a strategic, bipartisan government relations firm based in Boston, MA and Washington, DC. We are a partner and advocate for our clients, and pair a dynamic new perspective on the industry with deep experience and robust bipartisan relationships. The TSG federal team, including a former member of Congress, has consistently delivered results for a broad range of clients across multiple industries.
The Government Affairs Manager will be called upon to help implement a number of federal policy advocacy campaigns, analyze legislation, engage with Congress and Administration officials, advocate on behalf of clients directly with policymakers, develop client-facing materials, and support all other policy work on behalf of clients.
Duties May Include
- Lead efforts on client activities, working independently or in coordination with other team members;
- Advocate on behalf of clients with Congress and Federal Administration officials;
- Analyze policy and programs to help clients address challenges and opportunities in at the federal level;
- Draft memos analyzing and comparing federal legislation and the potential impact of legislation on clients;
- Assist with the management of client relationships, aiding the execution of deliverables.
- Conduct in-depth research support drafting of policy reports, one-pagers, and other proposals and advocacy collateral;
- Identify and monitor legislative and policy issues relative to TSG’s clients and perform research and analysis on federal policy/regulatory opportunities;
- Track advancement of federal bills through the legislative process;
- Work in support of client priorities in the annual appropriations process;
- Request and manage meetings with Members of Congress, staff, and policymakers;
- Attend client meetings, hearings, webinars, and other events as needed;
- Review congressional news sources and prepare client updates;
- Manage the development of comments and testimony on behalf of our clients;
- Support the execution of “lobby day” activities;
- Provide administrative support in the implementation of federal advocacy strategies.
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written);
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively;
- Ability to make decisions quickly and wisely, while demonstrating tact and courtesy in dealing with co-workers, clients, and other external stakeholders;
- Experience working on or with federal government on policy implementation and/or experience driving legislation on Capitol Hill;
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks with often overlapping deadlines while maintaining a high degree of thoroughness and accuracy.
Writing samples made available upon request.
This position is ideally based in Boston, MA or Washington, DC, but has flexibility. Regardless of the location, the position will be a hybrid work schedule. If the candidate is not based in Washington, DC, frequent travel to Washington, DC will be required.
Position requires approximately 30% travel, primarily to Washington, DC and/or Boston, MA. Some travel to client locations will be required.
Tremont Strategies Group offers an excellent comprehensive benefits program for its employees, which includes company subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid time off; a 401k retirement account; (FSA) flexible spending account, commuter reimbursement account and other significant options that will enhance your wellbeing as part of our team.
(DEI) Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Tremont Strategies Group is a welcoming culture in which differences are celebrated and everyone is valued, respected, and given the opportunity to reach their full potential. We are firmly committed to the principals of (DEI) diversity, equity and inclusion. For us, this is not just a catch phrase, but a core value, because we believe the collective power of our people, their diverse skills, talents and perspectives, is what makes us truly successful as a company.
Interested candidates should send their resume, cover note and salary expectations in strict confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
TSG is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or other physical or personal characteristics that are unrelated to job performance or recognized as unlawful by Massachusetts or Federal Law.
Job posted: 2023-09-18