Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Affairs Principal
The Government Affairs Principal will be a key contributor to the Government Affairs team and work with colleagues across Cigna’s Public Policy and Government Affairs team and across entire organization to support the development, execution, and tracking of federal public policy and advocacy strategies. These priorities are organizationally cross-cutting and require a high degree of organization and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for implementing Cigna’s legislative, policy, and political strategies on key health care public policy issues before Congress.
- Closely monitor, track, and report on the status of legislative issues, projects, and work streams as assigned.
- Supports advocacy efforts by conducting proactive outreach and communication of policy positions to members of Congress and legislative staff.
- Assists in planning and executing legislative and public affairs events (e.g., hill briefings).
- Assists in developing advocacy materials on Cigna’s legislative and public policy priorities.
- Represents Cigna in a professional and constructive manner in meetings with national associations and stakeholder initiatives.
- Represents Cigna’s Political Action Committee at political events for members of Congress, which may include traveling to Cigna facilities.
- Organize and engage with grassroots and stakeholder initiatives aligned to Cigna’s legislative and public policy priorities.
- Possesses a good understanding of federal lobbying and health care public policy issues.
- Federal employment ie capitol hill and/or administration past experience required
- Bachelor degree
- Strong analytical writing and verbal communications skills.
- A successful candidate will be a self-starter, detail-oriented, responsive, mature, and diplomatic with a proven ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, understand, and explain complex policy issues.
- Proven, effective oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a variety of Cigna employees, clients, and legislators.
- Strong team player with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Keen judgment and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Professional presence and proven ability to instill confidence and earn credibility with internal and external audiences.
- *This position requires someone in the DC area. This is a Flex/ Work at home role but you will be required to go into the office at times.
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-31