Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Relations Associate
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
This position is part of Anduril’s Government Relations team based in Washington, DC. The Government Relations team is responsible for developing and implementing Anduril’s government affairs strategy with the legislative and executive branches.
As a member of the Government Relations team, you will support Anduril government relations team and priorities working with relevant Congressional Committees and Members of Congress, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security/Customs and Border Protection, Department of State, Office of Management and Budget, and other key government agencies. You may also represent Anduril equities before think tanks, industry groups, and key partners to advance Anduril’s government relations priorities.
You will have knowledge and experience of US federal budget/appropriations and policy making processes, and an understanding of how these processes impact and support the company’s business development agenda.
You should be a self-starter with strong communication skills, both verbal and writing, and work well as part of a team. If you are someone who takes initiative and finds innovative solutions to drive forward priorities as part of a dynamic, fast paced team-oriented environment, this job might be for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support the creation and execution of specific government relations strategies to build the company’s reputation, enhance the strategic positioning in the industry and increase the understanding of the company and its business objectives in Washington, DC.
- Identify, update, and organize the company’s interactions and engagements with Congress, such as: Anduril’s annual defense and homeland security authorization and appropriations policy/funding submissions, meeting readouts and follow-ups, drafting hearing questions and supporting documentation.
- Assist with administrative outreach, such as coordinating and staffing meetings, with Members of Congress, their staff, and Congressional Committees as well as with the Administration, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and other key agencies and customers.
- Research and draft memos to prepare senior Anduril leadership for meetings with Members of Congress, committee staff, and other government officials.
- Assist with planning and execution of high-level government and non-governmental visits to Anduril facilities in Washington, DC, Orange County, and around the country.
- Assist with planning and preparing information products to inform and educate internal and external audiences on newsworthy events and developments related to the company’s products and programs.
- Research, draft, and edit deliverables, including: white papers, policy positions, letters of support, Congressional hearing questions, publications (i.e. articles, op-eds), memoranda, and talking points representing the company and its programs.
- Possess a working knowledge of the federal appropriations process, formulation of the federal budget, and the relationship between appropriations and authorizing legislation.
- Monitor, analyze, and engage the annual congressional policymaking process to support the company’s priorities with a particular focus on annual appropriations, and defense and homeland security policy.
- Collaborating internally and externally on legislative priorities, messaging and general outreach to ensure coordination and integration across the business development teams, independent consultants and senior leadership at the company.
- Be a proactive strategic agent on behalf of the company’s interests and help set the agenda, form the agenda and shape future agendas, with a focus on informing policy makers with the objective of best advancing the near and long-term interests of the company
- Understand the substantive policy and funding issues important to Anduril and the defense technology sector and be able to help develop and carry-out advocacy initiatives.
- Support the company’s involvement in industry and trade associations.
- Support the company’s Political Action Committee process, including supporting ongoing communication efforts regarding the PAC with the company and PAC participants.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in the following fields as provided below. Salary and position will be commensurate with experience.
- Experience in government relations arena either as a congressional staffer involved with defense or national security matters, as a government official in relevant government department agency, or as an employee of defense company, lobby firm, or trade association, or other similar relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in supporting the planning and implementing strategies to promote government relations priorities and influence change in the legislative policy and budget process.
- Knowledge of US federal appropriations and policy making processes, including executive agencies, the White House, Senate and House and an understanding of how these processes impact the company’s business development agenda.
- Working familiarity navigating Congressional budget materials (including existing statute, pending authorization and appropriations legislation, and related budget materials including committee reports), budget justification materials released by the military services and defense-related agencies, and other relevant budget documents released by government agencies.
- Experience with defense policy and budget issues and knowledge of the defense and national security sector and key stakeholders.
- Previous experience related to Political Action Committees is a benefit, but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently to pursue short and long-term goals.
- The ability to work and be an integral part of an action-oriented, decision-making working environment.
- Ability to travel.
- US Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
$88,000 – $132,000 a year
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!
Job posted: 2023-08-23