Government Relations Associate
Merchant McIntyre Associates is a boutique government affairs and federal grant writing firm headquartered in Washington, D.C., that represents nonprofit clients from a variety of sectors including higher education, health care, county and local government, social services, and international aid organizations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting client services team with client project management, identifying competitive federal grant opportunities aligned with client needs, and developing comprehensive federal strategies for clients;
- Communicating directly and professionally with clients by phone, email, and occasionally in person;
- Analyzing and reporting on federal grant solicitations to determine alignment with client priorities;
- Conducting substantive research related to federal policy trends and priorities in key client sectors;
- Quickly and efficiently summarizing relevant information for client calls and briefings; and
- Scheduling, organizing, and assisting with hosting clients in Washington, D.C. including meeting requests, logistics, developing meeting content and leave-behind materials, participation in meetings, and coordinating substantive follow-up.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least 2-3 years’ relevant work experience;
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills, preferably with prior experience in a client- facing role;
- Competitive candidates will have some prior experience working with federal grants (Federal
Agency, Capitol Hill, nonprofit organization, and/or private sector);
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills;
- Ability to quickly synthesize and accurately summarize lengthy and complex materials, such as federal grant solicitations;
- Self-motivated and task-oriented, with the ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Full-time, salaried position based in Washington, D.C. with potential opportunity for client travel.
- Competitive benefits package including Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), 401(k), transportation stipend, flexible PTO policy, and professional development opportunities.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Monday to Friday
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. However, candidates must currently reside in the Washington, DC metro area and be able to work full-time from our DC offices as soon as the DC stay-at-home order is lifted.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com so we can evaluate your credentials and respond to you.
Job posted: 2020-07-28