Government Relations Director
CGI US Government Markets practice is in search of a Director, State Government Relations to provide overall strategic government relations support within the U.S. Mid Atlantic Business Unit operation. CGI adheres to a proactive approach to compliance and follows all requirements for a large company selling and interacting with government. This successful candidate will have experience building, executing and monitoring strategic government relations plan for key jurisdictions s/he is assigned while utilizing both internal and external resources.
The position reports to the Vice President for US Government Markets and will be a member of a national team focused primarily on providing government and political navigation and relationship management of strategic stakeholders within state and local government jurisdictions. This individual also manages external consultants, develops political giving plans for the Mid Atlantic Business Unit, as well as campaign strategies and oversight. The individual will work closely with account managers, and other key executives.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Independently develop, execute and monitor a coordinated government relations plan and political stakeholder analysis for each jurisdiction and opportunity.
• Serve as the State Government Relations expert for the “account team”.
• Coordinate political communication and strategy for the Mid Atlantic between Corporate, Sales, Public Affairs and Project Management.
• Support and drive Political Action Committee (CGI PAC) giving and activities.
• Actively monitor and provide direct leadership in elections important to CGI.
• Develop and direct jurisdiction’s campaign contribution strategy.
• Identify, negotiate and maintain active outside GR consultant’s contracts.
• Address political issues and provide political navigation.
• Provide knowledge and advocacy during sales/RFP cycle.
• Serve as the CGI Point of Contact to key decision makers in the Executive and Legislative Branch.
• Develop and maintain long-term relationships with key decisions makers in government.
• Serve as a representative to political associations.
• Conduct opposition research (i.e., Competitor’s political, in-kind and charitable contributions).
• Identify and track competitor’s lobbyists and expenditures.
• Monitor media and assist internal communication team with implementing public relations strategy.
• Track legislation and budget process in legislature.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of current state and local political issues, stakeholders, and priorities, and be knowledgeable with respect to agency operations, budgeting and procurement procedures. Prior government service and/or experience is highly preferred. This individual will be able to operate with autonomy and accountability and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and government officials.
• Bachelor’s degree plus three years of directly related experience
• Strong communications skills
• MS Office
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-07-24